Problems between Export and Upload

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

mediapopyyc

Problems between Export and Upload

PostTue Jul 09, 2019 5:55 pm

I submitted this to Vimeo concurrently...

I've exported a few videos using Resolve 16b5, standard export that I've always used:
One timeline with RED Footage (Raw) and one with an H.264 File
Quicktime
Restricted to 20,000kbs
AAC 320 16 Bit
Hardware Acceleration on and off

The export plays back just fine from the hard drive, but between the export and the upload something is causing problems - the video glitches and gets stuck on a frame for a few seconds randomly with each upload to Vimeo.

Here is an example video:
From Davinci 16b5 - Glitches at 2:10 - https://vimeo.com/347000735/bc220b8d24

Again, this doesn't happen when I watch the video from the hard drive in Quicktime and VLC. Exporting the same video from Premiere Pro and uploading has no issues.

CPU Specs:
Mac Pro 2013
3Ghz 8 Core Xeon E5
32GB of RAM
AMD D500 at 3GB x 2
Mojave 10.14

Any idea why this might be happening? Thanks!

Angel Bowie

Re: Problems between Export and Upload

PostWed Jul 10, 2019 11:30 pm

Hi there.

I am having the same/similar issue when exporting to H264 & H265. Which I am doing for Vimeo.

Btw. Blackmagic, I love Davinci Resolve. You rock.

• For me the bigger problem is that VIMEO playback is currently faulty if the export to H264 or H265 was done on Davinci Resolve. The video shows a blank white frame glitch at each start. My portfolio website has a video background loop, which is now ruined.
• The problem exists on both .MP4 & Quicktime wrappers, as I have tried both in hope to fix the problem.
• And upon further testing, the problem shows up even on the macOS Quicktime player if you set the playback to loop. It will get stuck on the 1st frame of the 2nd loop, and afterwards. So a video that has a looping issue on Quicktime, will have a playback issue on Vimeo. It's as if the video has a problem loading.

•• A temporary "fix" I am doing is to export the video, and import to Adobe Premiere and re-export to .MP4 and it fixes it. But of course it's a hassle, and may lose further quality.

I hope someone can provide a means to fix this. I don't want to have to export back to Adobe Premiere! Or to have to go back to that dual app workflow.

Thanks

Angel Bowie

Re: Problems between Export and Upload

PostFri Jul 12, 2019 5:54 pm

UPDATE = SOLUTION

Found a solution to this issue (at least in my case).

- First I tried starting a brand new timeline and copying and pasting the edits from the faulty project, that did not work.
- What did work was: I copied and pasted the video & audio (from the faulty project) to a totally different existing project that had no exporting issues (pasted from the clipboard). And it fixed the export issue. It may work to simply start a brand new project and copy and paste edits to it, but I didn't try that. However, the entire project was faulty, not just that timeline.

I hope this helps.

Exports to:
H264 and H265.

Specs:
Davinci Resolve 16.0004
MacBook Pro 2018 560X

Return to DaVinci Resolve