Remote Rendering Setup Question

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Matthew Schwab

Remote Rendering Setup Question

PostFri Jul 12, 2019 8:10 pm

Hello,

Still trying to figure out remote rendering. In the manual:

"However, it can also be done by mounting the same volume over your network. This will be slower, but it will work.
If you’re mixing Mac OS X, Windows, and Linux workstations for remote rendering, you’ll need to use the Mapped Mount column of the Media Storage Locations list in the Media Storage panel of the System Preferences to add each volume’s path as it’s understood on the workstation it’s attached to. For example, on a Windows workstation that’s accessing volumes from a Linux workstation, type in the Linux-style file paths in the Mapped Mount column for each scratch disk that’s listed."

I work on a Windows machine and want to be able to remote render on my Mac. The files are local to the Windows machine. It says the volume's path needs to be identical. If I'm networked to my windows machine, how do I get the path to be identical on my mac? Or do I not have to worry about letter drive setup?

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

Re: Remote Rendering Setup Question

PostFri Jul 12, 2019 8:49 pm

You'll need to add a mapped mount entry on the Mac to accommodate the path name difference. Assuming the Mac can see the media on the Windows machine.
Dwaine Maggart
Blackmagic Design DaVinci Support

Matthew Schwab

Re: Remote Rendering Setup Question

PostMon Jul 15, 2019 6:33 pm

Dwaine Maggart wrote:You'll need to add a mapped mount entry on the Mac to accommodate the path name difference. Assuming the Mac can see the media on the Windows machine.

Thanks, I'll see if that works.

Return to DaVinci Resolve