grading not in delivered movie

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

ImageAlchemist

grading not in delivered movie

PostSat Jul 13, 2019 3:56 pm

Hi,

The first post, I am totally new to DaVinci Resolve 15 and NLE in general. Love it.

I edited and graded some footage and delivered it from the Deliver page. I see all edits came through, but the grading not in the delivered movie. I shoot with a flat gamma, grade in DR, but the final movie is still flat as the original.

Is there a setting I missed? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you for your time.

Kind regards,
Image Alchemist

ImageAlchemist

Re: grading not in delivered movie

PostSat Jul 13, 2019 6:34 pm

To partly answer my own question, I viewed the .mov file back in DR and in VLC player (Mac). They both look good. I initially viewed the movie in QuickTime Player and the colors look washed out.

So it seems something with QT Player, although some .MP4 movies look good as well.

Question is, what is it with the QT Player?

Marc Wielage

Re: grading not in delivered movie

PostSat Jul 13, 2019 7:56 pm

Check to see if All Grades are bypassed (which is visible as a symbol in the main Viewer), or if you've accidentally clicked on the Flat Pass option in the delivery page.
marc wielage, csi • VP/color & workflow • chroma | hollywood

Return to DaVinci Resolve