Clip Color Assignments Not Sticking after Quit / Restart?

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

WalterBiscardi

Clip Color Assignments Not Sticking after Quit / Restart?

PostTue Jul 23, 2019 5:39 pm

Anyone else seeing this?

I assigned all my music clips the color orange in Music bin.

Did some editing with the music. When I went to lunch I quit Resolve.

Relaunched and reopened my project to find the music clips in the timeline were no longer assigned orange, they were back to default colors.

The clips in the Bin are still orange.

I manually reassigned my music clips in the timeline to orange, quit, relaunched and that worked.

Might be a minor bug? In the image you can see the clip assignments to orange in the bin, but the default colored music clip in the timeline.
Attachments
ClipColor.jpg
ClipColor.jpg (96.71 KiB) Viewed 786 times
Walter Bisardi
walterbiscardi.com
highroadcraft.com

Jim Simon

Re: Clip Color Assignments Not Sticking after Quit / Restart

PostTue Jul 23, 2019 8:38 pm

I saw someone else report similar, but I haven't seen it myself in any 16 beta for Windows.
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.
You NEED a calibrated (non-computer) display.

WalterBiscardi

PostWed Jul 24, 2019 10:41 am

Thanks Jim! This is Resolve on the latest Mac OS. I guess I should have mentioned that.
Walter Bisardi
walterbiscardi.com
highroadcraft.com

Michael Tiemann

PostSun Sep 01, 2019 9:26 pm

This remains a problem with 16b2. I had carefully colored all my disabled clips one color and all my enabled clips another. I did this as I was making major changes to local, remote, and group node trees. I needed to quickly enable all the disabled clips so I could apply changes to all clips in the color window, then re-disable the clips so I could output for delivery. Worked great until I saved, quit, and restarted. Now I have to go back to a previous version to see which clips are enabled and which are not, and then disable the ones that are supposed to be disabled. Ugh!

A workaround for now is to split all video tracks into two tracks--the "always enabled" track and the "sometimes disabled" track, and then I can disable the track to disable the clips. But it would be so nice if clip color were persistent across restarts of Resolve!

Version 16b2.
MacOS Catalina Version 10.15.7
iMac Pro (2017)
3 GHz Intel Xeon W
64GB 2666 MHz DDR4
Radeon Pro Vega 64 16 GB
RED Rocket-X
Decklink 8K Pro card feeding FSI XM310K Monitor

Return to DaVinci Resolve