Fusion: Edit power window planar tracker keyframes

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

aknittel

Fusion: Edit power window planar tracker keyframes

PostSat Aug 31, 2019 10:28 pm

I'm coming from Mocha Pro but decided to give the Davinci Resolve Fusion Page planar tracker a try. Mocha Pro allows you to edit the tracking mask keyframes to refine the track AFTER tracking. The equivalent would be to be able to edit the Davinci Resolve keyframes that are generated by the Planar Tracker -- I think.

Can someone tell me whether or not a difficult track can be refined manually like that?

I 'm using BETA 2 of 16.1.
Win 10 Pro
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz, 4001 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s), 64 gb RAM, SSD
Twin GTX-1070-8GB
Resolve 17.1.1 Final

iddos-l

Re: Fusion: Edit power window planar tracker keyframes

PostSun Sep 01, 2019 7:53 am

To the best of my knowledge you can’t manually edit key frames of planner tracker.
You can add another transform after the tracker to add manually animation or choose to use the normal tracker.

Similar question was asked here:

Planar Transform Deletes Keyframed Pattern?
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?share_ ... are_type=t

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aknittel

PostSun Sep 01, 2019 5:03 pm

Tx very much. I won't waste my time and go back to the new compatible Mocha Pro.
Win 10 Pro
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz, 4001 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s), 64 gb RAM, SSD
Twin GTX-1070-8GB
Resolve 17.1.1 Final

aknittel

PostSun Sep 01, 2019 5:18 pm

I actually wanted to track TWO objects.

The first object (an HDRI camera left accidentally in the scene) needed to be tracked for removal. It is then occluded by the actor's finger poking partially into the first removal mask, so I needed a second track of the finger to modify the first removal so it doesn't get clipped. I wanted the finger to modify the object removal "mask" so that it wouldn't be removed.

I had all this working in the Mocha Pro OFX add-in. My end goal seems too sophisticated for Davinci tracking alone. But since I'm committed to move from Hitfilm Pro to Davinci Resolve Studio, I want to test all the capabilities going forward.

Next time I'll remember to grab the camera off the set!

If anyone is interested in what I;m doing, this is the scene with the camera still there:

This is the final VFX done Mocha Pro / Hitfilm:

Welcome any comments on issues i'm likely to encounter in Davinci Resolve 16.1.
Win 10 Pro
Twin GTX-1070-8GB
Resolve 17.1.1 Final

Return to DaVinci Resolve