v16 b2 Source Tape sort method broken

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

dachiko

v16 b2 Source Tape sort method broken

PostTue Sep 10, 2019 10:04 am

Source Tape sorting method looks broken. There is no dedicated control for sorting, so it should comply with sorting method used in Master panel. By default it's sorted by name and works fine. If I change sort method to Date Created, Source Tape shuffle pieces in weird sequence.

Daz Wood

Re: v16 b2 Source Tape sort method broken

PostSun Sep 29, 2019 11:17 am

dachiko wrote:Source Tape sorting method looks broken. There is no dedicated control for sorting, so it should comply with sorting method used in Master panel. By default it's sorted by name and works fine. If I change sort method to Date Created, Source Tape shuffle pieces in weird sequence.

Just notice this today (16.1 public beta 3) I have a lot of clips from a smart phone that I need to sort through in order but they seem to be showing a random order. I can not find how to sort them by date so I will have to load them on the edit page instead as it sorts them find there. Is this still broken or have am I not doing something correctly?
Thank you

Daz
Davinci Resolve Studio Version
ASUS Strix GL702ZC 17" laptop. AMD Ryzen 7 1700 (Desktop CPU), 32GB DDR4, Storage 256GB M.2 SSD, 2TB SSD, 4GB RX 580, Win10

jaykay

PostTue Oct 29, 2019 6:24 pm

I have the same problem in the final release. The ordering of clips in cut page's tape source seems random. Would love to use this feature, but now it's pretty unusable.

Peter Chamberlain

Blackmagic Design

PostWed Oct 30, 2019 2:17 am

source tape sort is based on your media pool sort.
you can change this from the editor keyboard, or from the media pool columns
DaVinci Resolve Product Manager

jaykay

PostSun Nov 03, 2019 10:07 am

Thanks for making me look, I figured something out now... had to go and click the sorting menu button:Image

This even though my clips already were sorted by name in the media pool. If I don't go explicitly sort them by name the clips will be in a random order in the source tape. Sorting with the column buttons did not help either. Also just updated to 16.1.1 which might have helped also.

Tried "Clip names descending" sorting and it is not the reverse of "Clip names ascending". :D
Good thing I don't need that, but this sort of inconsistency makes things very frustrating.

danylob

PostSun Dec 29, 2019 2:39 am

so if I understand corretly, the Source tape clips on the right can ONLY be sorted by the 4 parameters that jaykay screenshot above, right? and there is no way to sort them by Date Created just like in the Media Pool panel on the left.

this makes this quite useless for many people like myself. Is there a better quickly cut a vlog clips from multiples cameras besides sorted them by Date Created in media pool, and then throwing them into a new timeline and cutting away or using the preview In/Out method and adding them into a timeline clip by clip (sorted in chronological order)

any insight would help! thanks in advance!

Return to DaVinci Resolve