DaVinci Resolve on Debian Linux (and makeresolvedeb)

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

Re: DaVinci Resolve on Debian Linux (and makeresolvedeb)

PostTue Sep 27, 2022 8:40 pm

When you open the DaVinci Control Panels Setup app, and select it's Help menu, what version is it?

When you say you try to configure it with Resolve and it doesn't work, what does that mean?
Dwaine Maggart
Blackmagic Design DaVinci Support

nico.navarrete

PostTue Sep 27, 2022 8:50 pm

Hi,

I did uninstall the .deb and moved away manually /opt/resolve and /var/Blackma... and installed from original ,run and it works flawlessly with Ubuntu 20.04 and 22.04.

I wonder if it's worth/it will work making the .deb with make_kpkg ..

Also I was cleaning a bit the udev rules because I had many rules changing usb and in the end usb device had 066 and plugdev group.

Thanks again

Daniel Tufvesson

PostTue Sep 27, 2022 9:48 pm

Hi Nico,

Not sure exactly what could be wrong here. What I can say however is that those two log messages are normal, even for a working Debian/Ubuntu install. Using makeresolvedeb there is no way to install anything but the bundeled panel setup. I don’t know why the panel setup version is not detected correctly by Resolve. Similarly, the panel API version 0.0 warning has always been there as well and does not necessarily indicate a non working panel.

As Dwaine said, we need more information on how you setup the panel from within Resolve.

Currently I only have the Micro Panel at hand for testing but I can report it runs just fine on Ubuntu 20.04 and Resolve Studio 18.0.3.
Shoot - BMCC | BMPCC | BMPCC4K | BMVA | GH5
Edit - Resolve Studio 18.1 | Debian Linux 12 | i7-3930K CPU | X79 MB | 32GB RAM | GTX1080 GPU | Speed Editor
Monitor - Decklink SDI, SDI Duo, SDI 4K, Intensity Pro
danieltufvesson.com/makeresolvedeb

VennStone

PostFri Nov 11, 2022 6:18 pm

Tried Resolve 18.1 on Debian testing and it errors out with the following.

Code: Select all
MakeResolveDeb 1.6.0

Detected DaVinci Resolve Studio version 18.1

Checking for tar...found!
Checking for fakeroot...found!
Checking for dpkg-deb...found!

Using Resolve 18 conversion process
Extracting archive
Found 0 objects
[ERROR] Failed to extract DaVinci Resolve installer archive

MakeResolveDeb works correctly with Resolve Studio 18.0.4.
Debian 10 / 11
Magewell 11100 Pro
Intensity Pro
Intensity Pro 4K
DeckLink Mini Recorder 4K
DeckLink Quad

Stephen Swaney

PostFri Nov 11, 2022 6:49 pm

The first time I ran makeresolvedeb on 18.1, I got a popup about missing libraries (libapr*, and such).
After installing the libs, I get the same result as VennStone's post.

No problem with the previous 18.0.x versions. I recently switched from Ubuntu Studio to Mint, if that matters at all.
Suggestions welcome.

blazingviper

PostFri Nov 11, 2022 7:22 pm

Stephen Swaney wrote:The first time I ran makeresolvedeb on 18.1, I got a popup about missing libraries (libapr*, and such).
After installing the libs, I get the same result as VennStone's post.

No problem with the previous 18.0.x versions. I recently switched from Ubuntu Studio to Mint, if that matters at all.
Suggestions welcome.

I use Resolve on Pop Os. I also a popup about missing libraries which I then installed. Makeresolvedeb 1.6 doesnt seem to work with resolve 18.1. I retested it on 18.0.4 and it extracted with no errors. Im guessing we have to wait on an update from DANIEL TUFVESSON.

Daniel Tufvesson

PostFri Nov 11, 2022 9:37 pm

MakeResolveDeb 1.6.1 now released with a fix for 18.1
Edit - Resolve Studio 18.1 | Debian Linux 12 | i7-3930K CPU | X79 MB | 32GB RAM | GTX1080 GPU | Speed Editor

xpavement

PostSat Nov 12, 2022 2:14 am

Nevermind, I installed the extra libraries and was able to get 18.1 installed.
Attachments
18_1_error2.png
18_1_error2.png (79.6 KiB) Viewed 7225 times
18_1_error1.png
18_1_error1.png (14.06 KiB) Viewed 7225 times
Last edited by xpavement on Mon Nov 14, 2022 3:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Stephen Swaney

PostSat Nov 12, 2022 3:05 am

[DONE] errors reported 0

And we are back in the game. Thanks, Daniel! That was a quick fix.
Throw some more coal in the boiler, boys and let's fire up the Neural Engine.
And buy that man a coffee!

blazingviper

PostSun Nov 13, 2022 8:52 am

Stephen Swaney wrote:[DONE] errors reported 0

And we are back in the game. Thanks, Daniel! That was a quick fix.
Throw some more coal in the boiler, boys and let's fire up the Neural Engine.
And buy that man a coffee!

Great. I tried makeresolvedeb 1.6.1 and 1.6.2 and still getting the error.

--terminal--
MakeResolveDeb 1.6.2

Extracting archive
Found 3777 objects <--- used to say 0 objects
------------

not sure if Im doing something wrong.

Stephen Swaney

PostSun Nov 13, 2022 3:37 pm

That is approximately the right number of objects, if memory serves.
My random guess, based on previous adventures, is that you are running out of space in the system temp dir.
Try setting the TMPDIR environment variable to point to somewhere with lots of space.
export TMPDIR=MYBIGDIR

with MYBIGDIR replaced by a file path on your system where you have lots of room. I forget the exact requirement, but it needs a few gigabytes.

timadams

PostSun Nov 13, 2022 3:51 pm

Stephen Swaney wrote:

My random guess, based on previous adventures, is that you are running out of space in the system temp dir.
Try setting the TMPDIR environment variable to point to somewhere with lots of space.
export TMPDIR=MYBIGDIR

with MYBIGDIR replaced by a file path on your system where you have lots of room. I forget the exact requirement, but it needs a few gigabytes.

This might be a red herring, but I seem to recall having to delete the temporary directory used by makeresolvedeb if re-running the script after an error.

Not sure if you've tried that?

blazingviper

PostSun Nov 13, 2022 6:10 pm

Stephen Swaney wrote:

export TMPDIR=MYBIGDIR

That did the trick! Thanks for the help everyone. I created a temp folder beside the .run and the script, then used
export TMPDIR=MYBIGDIR
in terminal before running the script. I didnt move the files to a new drive so I am not sure why that worked if it was a space issue.

Kris Limbach

PostMon Nov 14, 2022 2:53 pm

unfortunately here it is still not working. I get:
./makeresolvedeb_1.6.2_multi.sh DaVinci_Resolve_Studio_18.1_Linux.run
MakeResolveDeb 1.6.2

Extracting archive
Found 3777 objects

cowmix

PostThu Nov 17, 2022 3:52 pm

FWIW, the project that facilitates the ability to run Resolve (Studio) from a container, and thus any Debian based distro, has now been updated to support 18.1.

https://github.com/fat-tire/resolve

Jef Damen

PostMon Nov 21, 2022 12:42 pm

I´m having some problems on my Ubuntu 22.04 when running the makeresolve app.
In the past this always worked fine.
This is the response I get:
jef@jef-P95xER:/media/data2/data/Software/Blackmagic_Resolve/181$ ./makeresolvedeb_1.6.2_multi.sh DaVinci_Resolve_Studio_18.1_Linux.run
MakeResolveDeb 1.6.2

Extracting archive
qt.qpa.plugin: Could not load the Qt platform plugin "xcb" in "" even though it was found.
This application failed to start because no Qt platform plugin could be initialized. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.

Available platform plugins are: linuxfb, minimal, offscreen, xcb.

/tmp/.mount_DaVinc9RvgpG/AppRun: regel 346:  5436 Afgebroken              (geheugendump gemaakt) "${CURRENT_DIR}/installer" "${CURRENT_DIR}" "$@"
Found 0 objects

Is there a command I could run to fix this problem?
Thanks.
-Intel(R)Core(TM)i7-8750H CPU@2.20GHz/System memory:16GB/NVIDIA GeForce GTX1600 6GB/Samsung SSD970EvoM.2 1TB(PCIe3.0 x4 NVMe)+Samsung SSD850Evo500GB/Ubuntu22.04LTS
-LG Gram16Intel Corei7-1165G7/16GB/Intel Iris Xe Graphics/500GB SSD/Windows 10/Studio18.5.1

Kris Limbach

PostMon Nov 21, 2022 10:50 pm

I tried now on another distro (Linux Mint xfce) on the same computer and I get the same error message.
So not sure where to start ..

Kris Limbach wrote:unfortunately here it is still not working. I get:
./makeresolvedeb_1.6.2_multi.sh DaVinci_Resolve_Studio_18.1_Linux.run
MakeResolveDeb 1.6.2

Extracting archive
Found 3777 objects

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

PostTue Nov 22, 2022 12:41 am

In my very limited Resolve testing on Ubuntu 22.04 and 22.10, I found that the distro was not able to open the Resolve installer. When I attempted a command line install, I got this message: AppImages require FUSE to run

I imagine this is what the whole makeresolvedeb thing is working around.

But if you simply:

sudo apt install libfuse2

Then the Resolve installer works normally. Same as it does on CentOS.

So you might try that, and then just double click the Resolve installer and see if it installs.

It's possible that makeresolvedeb is doing lots of other things. But on the above Ubuntu distro's, just installing libfuse2 allows the Resolve installer to work for me, and Resolve works fine. That's all assuming you have the real NVIDIA driver installed, and not Nouveau.
Dwaine Maggart

DiegoM

PostWed Nov 23, 2022 12:30 am

Hello,

I am having the same problem that Jef Damen has about "xcb" not loading in "" even though it was found. Makeresolvedeb has run without any problems before on these machines.

Funnily enough, on two machines that are currently on Pop OS 22.04 but are old installs that have been updated from 20.04 the script works without issues and the program installs and runs.

But on two other machines which were a recent clean install of Pop OS 22.04, I get this error message an the script doesn't run. If I try to install from the binary generated from the other machines, it does install but it crashes immediately when opening.

I am thinking that some residual library or path from 20.04 or before might be needed, but this condition is not being met by a clean install of 22.04. Hope this helps. If Daniel would like me to run some tests or attach some logs I will happily oblige.

DiegoM

PostWed Nov 23, 2022 7:16 am

Hey!

Following up: I dove into the script to investigate further, and found out that the part where it was failing was when it attempts to run the original installer with some flags to extract the contents to some directory to manipulate further.

So I tried to run manually the installer, without the -y flag so that it would prompt me to confirm installation and allow me to abort it.

Doing that, I found out that the original installer complains about the following packages, which are not included on a fresh 22.04 LTS install (and probably were installed on 20.04 LTS, or were dependencies of something, and were being carried over through updates). Also, I am guessing previous versions of resolve didn't require them, because on those same fresh 22.04 installs, resolve 18.0 and previous ran without issue.

Error: Missing or outdated system packages detected.

Please install the following missing packages:
    libxcb-composite0 libxcb-cursor0 libxcb-damage0
    libxcb-xinerama0 libxcb-xinput0

So if I run:

sudo apt install -y libxcb-composite0 libxcb-cursor0 libxcb-damage0 libxcb-xinerama0 libxcb-xinput0

Then the script finishes normally, and outputs a .deb package that I can install, and resolve opens up and runs without problem. Also, if after that I attempt to install a package made on my other machines, it also installs.

So, if you are on 22.04 and are getting the "xbc" error, just install those packages and run again. The problem comes from missing dependencies for this version of resolve, not from an error on the functionality of the script itself.

As for the script, my only issue is that it didn't alert me of the names of the missing packages, as it normally would do. Because the message was more cryptic and didn't mention the names of specific packages (there are a lot of libxcb related ones), the problem seemed more serious. Also, from the error message, I am guessing that because of the -y flag the installer skipped the alert on the missing files and did try to run, which might be part of the problem as of why the script didn't catch that one.

Now, commenting on the post by Dwaine, I would like to shed some light into why makeresolvedeb is preferred instead of running the installer directly. The problem has never been that it won't install, but that it will do it in a non-standard way for a Debian based system, without full visibility for the package manager and putting some things in non-standard paths. Which would lead into eventual issues and headaches. So the makeresolvedeb script is more about cleaning house and reproducing a standard Debian installation.

Quoting Daniel from his site:

The native installer will install Resolve on your Debian based system but it will violate the Debian concept of fully tracked installations. The native installer forces software components into place and modifies parts of the OS in a way that is unbeknown to the Debian package manager. This practice will impede system reliability. MakeResolveDeb aims to solve that issue while including the Debian specific features required for a working Resolve system.

That means that with some tweaking to the installation script, Blackmagic could relatively easy make an official installer, because the program actually runs with full functionality and no alterations are needed to the code itself. The only issues that I am aware of from not running it on CentOS are that Fusion will not find Python where it expects it, so some symlinks are necessary to make Python 3 in particular visible to the program. Which wold be cool if it wasn't necessary, but it is livable.

Lastly, I would also love to point out to Bitwig Studio and how they are releasing their quite complex DAW as a flatpak app, with full funcionality and full access to any hardware that it needs. It would be very exciting and I believe way more practical, if Blackmagic decided to explore this distribution agnostic method.
Last edited by DiegoM on Thu Nov 24, 2022 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jef Damen

PostWed Nov 23, 2022 8:44 pm

That is good news DiegoM.
I'm gone try it out tomorrow.
Thanks for your research. ;)
-Intel(R)Core(TM)i7-8750H CPU@2.20GHz/System memory:16GB/NVIDIA GeForce GTX1600 6GB/Samsung SSD970EvoM.2 1TB(PCIe3.0 x4 NVMe)+Samsung SSD850Evo500GB/Ubuntu22.04LTS
-LG Gram16Intel Corei7-1165G7/16GB/Intel Iris Xe Graphics/500GB SSD/Windows 10/Studio18.5.1

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

PostWed Nov 23, 2022 11:31 pm

Thanks Diego for pointing out the advantages of using the MakeResolveDeb script to install Resolve.
Dwaine Maggart

Jef Damen

PostThu Nov 24, 2022 2:39 pm

And now everything works as it should.
DiegoM, can you correct a mistake in your previous post?
A ¨l¨ is missing from ¨ibxcb-composite0¨. ;)
Thanks again.

Jef Damen

PostThu Nov 24, 2022 5:00 pm

It seems as if a message from DiegoM has disappeared, I don't know why. This is the command you need to run as DiegoM said to install the necessary libraries on a newly installed Ubuntu 22.04:
sudo apt install -y libxcb-composite0 libxcb-cursor0 libxcb-damage0 libxcb-xinerama0 libxcb-xinput0

Daniel Tufvesson

PostThu Nov 24, 2022 9:52 pm

I also wonder what happened to Diego's message. I fully agree with him. It's not about just getting things running, it's about reliable and sustainable system maintenance. While Resolve now runs just fine on modern Debian/Ubuntu without any tricks and modifications, MakeResolveDeb aims to do it the Debian way.

https://wiki.debian.org/DontBreakDebian

I think the recent problem discussed here earlier where MakeResolveDeb fails without proper error messages is due to the fact that the Resolve installer started sending error messages to stdout instead of stderr. The Resolve installer prints almost 4000 lines of messages during extraction so MakeResolveDeb hides stdout to make the process cleaner and only passes eventual stderr messages to the user. This worked in the past but it has now changed. I will release a new version of MakeResolveDeb that will also pass stdout messages in case the extraction fails.

Stephen Swaney

PostFri Nov 25, 2022 5:08 pm

Kris Limbach wrote:I tried now on another distro (Linux Mint xfce) on the same computer and I get the same error message.
So not sure where to start ..

The first place to look is make sure you have enough space in /tmp. I forget the amount needed but it is some multiple of the archive size. You can set the TMPDIR environment variable to point to a temporary folder with lots of room if necessary. After that it gets complicated.

If you have already tried this, then don't bother reading this post.

Daniel Tufvesson

PostFri Nov 25, 2022 6:55 pm

I have just released MakeResolveDeb 1.6.3 with an updated extraction method. It's hopefully more reliable and should at least mitigate some of the latest extraction issues.

DiegoM

PostSat Nov 26, 2022 3:28 am

Hey, Daniel, happy to hear about the updated script!

I edited my previous post to correct the error that Jef caught, but it looks like it was held for manual moderation probably because this is a new account. It is back and all seems well know.

I will try the new version and let you know if something else comes up. Thank you for your contributions, your script has been a real life saver in the past with many hours saved and update cycles survived and comfortably managed because of it.

Thomas Reading

PostSun Nov 27, 2022 3:54 pm

Hek guys,

first of all thank you for your discussion, it helped a lot so far and Daniel for your wonderful script.

Now, about my problem: Previous I had Davinci Resolve 17.4.1 (studio Version) and the makeresolve Deb version 1.5.1 installed on Ubuntu 22.04.1 LTS and it worked so far without any problems.

In order to update it to the newest version, first I deinstalled the version I had, downloaded the latest davinci resolve 18.1.1 and the latest makeresolve deb 1.6.3,, made a deb package out of it following Daniels Instructions on his site, which worked out.

Then while installing it it says the following (sry it is in german, if you need a translation let me know)

sudo dpkg -i davinci-resolve-studio_18.1.1-mrd1.6.3_amd64.deb
Vormals nicht ausgewähltes Paket davinci-resolve-studio wird gewählt.
(Lese Datenbank ... 270021 Dateien und Verzeichnisse sind derzeit installiert.)
Vorbereitung zum Entpacken von davinci-resolve-studio_18.1.1-mrd1.6.3_amd64.deb ...
Entpacken von davinci-resolve-studio (18.1.1-mrd1.6.3) ...
davinci-resolve-studio (18.1.1-mrd1.6.3) wird eingerichtet ...
Trigger für mailcap (3.70+nmu1ubuntu1) werden verarbeitet ...
Trigger für gnome-menus (3.36.0-1ubuntu3) werden verarbeitet ...
Trigger für desktop-file-utils (0.26-1ubuntu3) werden verarbeitet ...

There it stops and nothing more happens, no Icon to find anywhere, it is not possible to start the program manually in the terminal. So I installed the libraries mentionend by DiegoM, but still had the same results.

Everything is updated, like the driver for Nvidia, all the other packages and so on.

I have to mention, that I am not skiled in programming, so I got no Idea what to do and how to get it back on the system so I am able to work with Davinci again.

If you have further questions, do not hesitate to ask, I'll gladly answer them.

Kris Limbach

PostWed Nov 30, 2022 3:32 pm

the new makeresolvedeb solved my problem, thank you so so much!! ! ! !

Romrom

PostSat Dec 10, 2022 11:00 pm

Hello everyone,

I am facing a recurring issue installing/launching DaVinci Resolve 18.1.1 on MX Linux 19.3 (Debian 10 - Buster).

The last release of MRD has solved the issues I was facing (with the extraction method, libxcd error message...) but after installing DaVinci Resolve, I was and still am facing something strange and very problematic. I cannot run the software. (Deb file created was 'davinci-resolve-studio_18.1.1-mrd1.6.4_amd64.deb').

Nothing happens, when I click the icons in the menu, or try to launch it directly from the file explorer (as root). Of course, the CLI command
/opt/resolve/bin/resolve
doesn't work either (nothing happens).

Any clue on how to solve it?

The last version that works is the 18.0.4.

Best regards and thank you for any help :)
Fedora Workstation 39
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5700X
GPU: Nvidia Quadro P2200
Memory: 64GB DDR4
Storage: M.2, SSD, and HDD

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

PostFri Dec 16, 2022 8:35 pm

I have recently learned of something which could be of interest to all Linux Resolve users.

Starting in Resolve 18.1, we now require some packages to be installed on the system, that we previously provided in the Resolve installer. We've done this to prevent the packages we were providing from conflicting with those packages if they were already installed on the system.

When you install Resolve on a supported CentOS system, it complains of these missing packages (if they ARE missing, they're not missing on any of my CentOS systems) which allows you the option to yum or dnf install the missing packages being complained about.

Perhaps on other distro's, or perhaps using the makeresolvedeb script, these missing package errors are not being displayed?

If you do see any missing package errors when installing Resolve 18.1 or higher, you'll need to install those manually.
Dwaine Maggart

Daniel Tufvesson

PostFri Dec 16, 2022 9:31 pm

Romain, what is the output from "ldd /opt/resolve/bin/resolve"?

Romrom

PostSun Dec 18, 2022 8:06 am

Hi Daniel,
here is the output from the ldd command
$ ldd /opt/resolve/bin/resolve
   linux-vdso.so.1 (0x00007fffef5e8000)
   libc++.so.1 => /opt/resolve/bin/../libs/libc++.so.1 (0x00007fa8707df000)
   libc++abi.so.1 => /opt/resolve/bin/../libs/libc++abi.so.1 (0x00007fa8705a2000)
   libpthread.so.0 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libpthread.so.0 (0x00007fa870563000)
   libgpudetect.so => /opt/resolve/bin/../libs/libgpudetect.so (0x00007fa870497000)
   librsvg-2.so.2 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/librsvg-2.so.2 (0x00007fa86ff37000)
   libBMDDavUI.so => /opt/resolve/bin/../libs/libBMDDavUI.so (0x00007fa86fe2f000)
   libQt5Concurrent.so.5 => /opt/resolve/bin/../libs/libQt5Concurrent.so.5 (0x00007fa86fe27000)
   libQt5DBus.so.5 => /opt/resolve/bin/../libs/libQt5DBus.so.5 (0x00007fa86fd92000)
   libQt5Multimedia.so.5 => /opt/resolve/bin/../libs/libQt5Multimedia.so.5 (0x00007fa86fc9f000)
   libQt5OpenGL.so.5 => /opt/resolve/bin/../libs/libQt5OpenGL.so.5 (0x00007fa86fc3d000)
   libQt5Sql.so.5 => /opt/resolve/bin/../libs/libQt5Sql.so.5 (0x00007fa86fbfc000)
   libQt5Svg.so.5 => /opt/resolve/bin/../libs/libQt5Svg.so.5 (0x00007fa86fb9e000)
   libQt5WebSockets.so.5 => /opt/resolve/bin/../libs/libQt5WebSockets.so.5 (0x00007fa86fb6b000)
   libQt5Widgets.so.5 => /opt/resolve/bin/../libs/libQt5Widgets.so.5 (0x00007fa86f488000)
   libQt5Xml.so.5 => /opt/resolve/bin/../libs/libQt5Xml.so.5 (0x00007fa86f433000)
   libQt5XmlPatterns.so.5 => /opt/resolve/bin/../libs/libQt5XmlPatterns.so.5 (0x00007fa86f033000)
   fusionscript.so => /opt/resolve/bin/../libs/Fusion/fusionscript.so (0x00007fa86e9b2000)
   libluajit-5.1.so.2 => /opt/resolve/bin/../libs/libluajit-5.1.so.2 (0x00007fa86e727000)
   libtbbmalloc.so.2 => /opt/resolve/bin/../libs/libtbbmalloc.so.2 (0x00007fa86e4e6000)
   libtbbmalloc_proxy.so.2 => /opt/resolve/bin/../libs/libtbbmalloc_proxy.so.2 (0x00007fa86e2e1000)
   libcudart.so.11.0 => /opt/resolve/bin/../libs/libcudart.so.11.0 (0x00007fa86e063000)
   libcublas.so.11 => /opt/resolve/bin/../libs/libcublas.so.11 (0x00007fa86820d000)
   libnvrtc.so.11.0 => /opt/resolve/bin/../libs/libnvrtc.so.11.0 (0x00007fa866a22000)
   libGLU.so.1 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libGLU.so.1 (0x00007fa8669b1000)
   libGL.so.1 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libGL.so.1 (0x00007fa86692a000)
   libXxf86vm.so.1 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libXxf86vm.so.1 (0x00007fa866724000)
   libSM.so.6 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libSM.so.6 (0x00007fa866719000)
   libICE.so.6 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libICE.so.6 (0x00007fa8666f8000)
   libm.so.6 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libm.so.6 (0x00007fa866575000)
   libdl.so.2 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libdl.so.2 (0x00007fa866570000)
   librt.so.1 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/librt.so.1 (0x00007fa866566000)
   libudev.so.1 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libudev.so.1 (0x00007fa866540000)
   libuuid.so.1 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libuuid.so.1 (0x00007fa866537000)
   liblzma.so.5 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/liblzma.so.5 (0x00007fa86650d000)
   libopencv_calib3d.so.3.4 => /opt/resolve/bin/../libs/libopencv_calib3d.so.3.4 (0x00007fa866347000)
   libopencv_dnn.so.3.4 => /opt/resolve/bin/../libs/libopencv_dnn.so.3.4 (0x00007fa865fdc000)
   libopencv_objdetect.so.3.4 => /opt/resolve/bin/../libs/libopencv_objdetect.so.3.4 (0x00007fa865f8a000)
   libopencv_video.so.3.4 => /opt/resolve/bin/../libs/libopencv_video.so.3.4 (0x00007fa865f39000)
   libopencv_ml.so.3.4 => /opt/resolve/bin/../libs/libopencv_ml.so.3.4 (0x00007fa865e73000)
   libopencv_features2d.so.3.4 => /opt/resolve/bin/../libs/libopencv_features2d.so.3.4 (0x00007fa865dc0000)
   libssl.so.1.1 => /opt/resolve/bin/../libs/libssl.so.1.1 (0x00007fa865d2a000)
   libcrypto.so.1.1 => /opt/resolve/bin/../libs/libcrypto.so.1.1 (0x00007fa865a39000)
   libresolv.so.2 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libresolv.so.2 (0x00007fa865a1f000)
   libpq.so.5 => /opt/resolve/bin/../libs/libpq.so.5 (0x00007fa8659d3000)
   libcurl.so => /opt/resolve/bin/../libs/libcurl.so (0x00007fa86593d000)
   libgvc.so.6 => /opt/resolve/bin/../libs/libgvc.so.6 (0x00007fa86569a000)
   libcgraph.so.6 => /opt/resolve/bin/../libs/libcgraph.so.6 (0x00007fa865484000)
   libcdt.so.5 => /opt/resolve/bin/../libs/libcdt.so.5 (0x00007fa86527f000)
   libxdot.so.4 => /opt/resolve/bin/../libs/libxdot.so.4 (0x00007fa86507a000)
   libpathplan.so.4 => /opt/resolve/bin/../libs/libpathplan.so.4 (0x00007fa864e72000)
   liblog4cxx.so.10 => /opt/resolve/bin/../libs/liblog4cxx.so.10 (0x00007fa864953000)
   libaprutil-1.so.0 => /opt/resolve/bin/../libs/libaprutil-1.so.0 (0x00007fa864724000)
   libapr-1.so.0 => /opt/resolve/bin/../libs/libapr-1.so.0 (0x00007fa8644e9000)
   libcudnn.so.8 => /opt/resolve/bin/../libs/libcudnn.so.8 (0x00007fa8642c0000)
   libOpenCL.so.1 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libOpenCL.so.1 (0x00007fa8642b3000)
   libArriImageSdk.so.7 => /opt/resolve/bin/../libs/libArriImageSdk.so.7 (0x00007fa8630c2000)
   libCrmSdk.so.2.8 => /opt/resolve/bin/../libs/libCrmSdk.so.2.8 (0x00007fa86226e000)
   libcodexhdedecoder.so.4 => /opt/resolve/bin/../libs/libcodexhdedecoder.so.4 (0x00007fa862061000)
   libavformat.so.58 => /opt/resolve/bin/../libs/libavformat.so.58 (0x00007fa861c09000)
   libavcodec.so.58 => /opt/resolve/bin/../libs/libavcodec.so.58 (0x00007fa860652000)
   libavutil.so.56 => /opt/resolve/bin/../libs/libavutil.so.56 (0x00007fa8601a3000)
   libgvcodec.so => /opt/resolve/bin/../libs/libgvcodec.so (0x00007fa85ff7c000)
   libMXF.so => /opt/resolve/bin/../libs/libMXF.so (0x00007fa85fc6b000)
   libSonyRawDev.so.4 => /opt/resolve/bin/../libs/libSonyRawDev.so.4 (0x00007fa85f73e000)
   libsonyxavcenc.so => /opt/resolve/bin/../libs/libsonyxavcenc.so (0x00007fa85f4d1000)
   libQtSingleApplication.so => /opt/resolve/bin/../libs/libQtSingleApplication.so (0x00007fa85f2c3000)
   libSMDK-Linux-x64.so.4.21 => /opt/resolve/bin/../libs/libSMDK-Linux-x64.so.4.21 (0x00007fa85efae000)
   libDNxHR.so => /opt/resolve/bin/../libs/libDNxHR.so (0x00007fa85e9fc000)
   libDNxUncompressedSDK.so => /opt/resolve/bin/../libs/libDNxUncompressedSDK.so (0x00007fa85e737000)
   libfraunhoferdcp.so => /opt/resolve/bin/../libs/libfraunhoferdcp.so (0x00007fa85b443000)
   libxmlsec1.so => /opt/resolve/bin/../libs/libxmlsec1.so (0x00007fa85b027000)
   libxmlsec1-openssl.so => /opt/resolve/bin/../libs/libxmlsec1-openssl.so (0x00007fa85a9b7000)
   libgstreamer-1.0.so.0 => /opt/resolve/bin/../libs/libgstreamer-1.0.so.0 (0x00007fa85a668000)
   libgobject-2.0.so.0 => /opt/resolve/bin/../libs/libgobject-2.0.so.0 (0x00007fa85a404000)
   libglib-2.0.so.0 => /opt/resolve/bin/../libs/libglib-2.0.so.0 (0x00007fa85a081000)
   libgstbase-1.0.so.0 => /opt/resolve/bin/../libs/libgstbase-1.0.so.0 (0x00007fa859df9000)
   libgstapp-1.0.so.0 => /opt/resolve/bin/../libs/libgstapp-1.0.so.0 (0x00007fa859be4000)
   libgstrtp-1.0.so.0 => /opt/resolve/bin/../libs/libgstrtp-1.0.so.0 (0x00007fa8599b4000)
   libgstvideo-1.0.so.0 => /opt/resolve/bin/../libs/libgstvideo-1.0.so.0 (0x00007fa8596c4000)
   libgstsdp-1.0.so.0 => /opt/resolve/bin/../libs/libgstsdp-1.0.so.0 (0x00007fa8594a7000)
   libgstpbutils-1.0.so.0 => /opt/resolve/bin/../libs/libgstpbutils-1.0.so.0 (0x00007fa859262000)
   libgstaudio-1.0.so.0 => /opt/resolve/bin/../libs/libgstaudio-1.0.so.0 (0x00007fa858fd1000)
   libgsttag-1.0.so.0 => /opt/resolve/bin/../libs/libgsttag-1.0.so.0 (0x00007fa858d90000)
   libgstwebrtc-1.0.so.0 => /opt/resolve/bin/../libs/libgstwebrtc-1.0.so.0 (0x00007fa858b81000)
   libffi.so.7 => /opt/resolve/bin/../libs/libffi.so.7 (0x00007fa858975000)
   libQt5Gui.so.5 => /opt/resolve/bin/../libs/libQt5Gui.so.5 (0x00007fa8582a1000)
   libQt5Core.so.5 => /opt/resolve/bin/../libs/libQt5Core.so.5 (0x00007fa857bdc000)
   libQt5Network.so.5 => /opt/resolve/bin/../libs/libQt5Network.so.5 (0x00007fa857a0c000)
   libopencv_flann.so.3.4 => /opt/resolve/bin/../libs/libopencv_flann.so.3.4 (0x00007fa857998000)
   libopencv_highgui.so.3.4 => /opt/resolve/bin/../libs/libopencv_highgui.so.3.4 (0x00007fa85798b000)
   libopencv_videoio.so.3.4 => /opt/resolve/bin/../libs/libopencv_videoio.so.3.4 (0x00007fa85796d000)
   libopencv_imgcodecs.so.3.4 => /opt/resolve/bin/../libs/libopencv_imgcodecs.so.3.4 (0x00007fa85793a000)
   libopencv_imgproc.so.3.4 => /opt/resolve/bin/../libs/libopencv_imgproc.so.3.4 (0x00007fa857546000)
   libopencv_core.so.3.4 => /opt/resolve/bin/../libs/libopencv_core.so.3.4 (0x00007fa857250000)
   libgcc_s.so.1 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libgcc_s.so.1 (0x00007fa857236000)
   libc.so.6 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6 (0x00007fa857076000)
   /lib64/ld-linux-x86-64.so.2 (0x00007fa870ab7000)
   libX11.so.6 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libX11.so.6 (0x00007fa856f35000)
   libXext.so.6 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libXext.so.6 (0x00007fa856d23000)
   libstdc++.so.6 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libstdc++.so.6 (0x00007fa856b9f000)
   libgdk_pixbuf-2.0.so.0 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libgdk_pixbuf-2.0.so.0 (0x00007fa856b77000)
   libgio-2.0.so.0 => /opt/resolve/bin/../libs/libgio-2.0.so.0 (0x00007fa856788000)
   libpangocairo-1.0.so.0 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libpangocairo-1.0.so.0 (0x00007fa856778000)
   libcairo.so.2 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libcairo.so.2 (0x00007fa856658000)
   libpangoft2-1.0.so.0 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libpangoft2-1.0.so.0 (0x00007fa85663f000)
   libpango-1.0.so.0 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libpango-1.0.so.0 (0x00007fa8565f4000)
   libfontconfig.so.1 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libfontconfig.so.1 (0x00007fa8565ac000)
   libcroco-0.6.so.3 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libcroco-0.6.so.3 (0x00007fa85656e000)
   libxml2.so.2 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libxml2.so.2 (0x00007fa8563c3000)
   libdbus-1.so.3 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libdbus-1.so.3 (0x00007fa856370000)
   libxkbcommon-x11.so.0 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libxkbcommon-x11.so.0 (0x00007fa856364000)
   libxkbcommon.so.0 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libxkbcommon.so.0 (0x00007fa856321000)
   libcublasLt.so.11 => /opt/resolve/bin/../libs/libcublasLt.so.11 (0x00007fa84b192000)
   libGLdispatch.so.0 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libGLdispatch.so.0 (0x00007fa84b0da000)
   libGLX.so.0 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libGLX.so.0 (0x00007fa84b0a7000)
   libbsd.so.0 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libbsd.so.0 (0x00007fa84b08b000)
   libz.so.1 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libz.so.1 (0x00007fa84b06d000)
   libexpat.so.1 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libexpat.so.1 (0x00007fa84b030000)
   libcrypt.so.1 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libcrypt.so.1 (0x00007fa84aff4000)
   libbz2.so.1 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libbz2.so.1 (0x00007fa84afe1000)
   libgmodule-2.0.so.0 => /opt/resolve/bin/../libs/libgmodule-2.0.so.0 (0x00007fa84addd000)
   liborc-0.4.so.0 => /opt/resolve/bin/../libs/liborc-0.4.so.0 (0x00007fa84ab0a000)
   libgthread-2.0.so.0 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libgthread-2.0.so.0 (0x00007fa84ab05000)
   libxcb.so.1 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libxcb.so.1 (0x00007fa84aadb000)
   libfreetype.so.6 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libfreetype.so.6 (0x00007fa84aa1d000)
   libpixman-1.so.0 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libpixman-1.so.0 (0x00007fa84a976000)
   libpng16.so.16 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libpng16.so.16 (0x00007fa84a93d000)
   libxcb-shm.so.0 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libxcb-shm.so.0 (0x00007fa84a938000)
   libxcb-render.so.0 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libxcb-render.so.0 (0x00007fa84a929000)
   libXrender.so.1 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libXrender.so.1 (0x00007fa84a71f000)
   libharfbuzz.so.0 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libharfbuzz.so.0 (0x00007fa84a622000)
   libthai.so.0 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libthai.so.0 (0x00007fa84a617000)
   libfribidi.so.0 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libfribidi.so.0 (0x00007fa84a5fa000)
   libicui18n.so.63 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libicui18n.so.63 (0x00007fa84a31f000)
   libicuuc.so.63 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libicuuc.so.63 (0x00007fa84a150000)
   libicudata.so.63 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libicudata.so.63 (0x00007fa84875e000)
   libsystemd.so.0 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libsystemd.so.0 (0x00007fa8486bd000)
   libxcb-xkb.so.1 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libxcb-xkb.so.1 (0x00007fa84869f000)
   libXau.so.6 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libXau.so.6 (0x00007fa84849b000)
   libXdmcp.so.6 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libXdmcp.so.6 (0x00007fa848295000)
   libgraphite2.so.3 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libgraphite2.so.3 (0x00007fa848266000)
   libdatrie.so.1 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libdatrie.so.1 (0x00007fa84825c000)
   liblz4.so.1 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/liblz4.so.1 (0x00007fa84823d000)
   libgcrypt.so.20 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libgcrypt.so.20 (0x00007fa84811f000)
   libgpg-error.so.0 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libgpg-error.so.0 (0x00007fa8480fc000)

Edit: Does anyone has the ldd command of a working installation (on Debian 10/MX Linux 19.x) :) ?

I do not see any error in the above list and wonder if the missing library/-ies would appear in the list :/ . So, I think that I'ld rather check it on a line by line basis :roll: .
Fedora Workstation 39

Romrom

PostWed Jan 18, 2023 8:16 pm

Hello Daniel, hello Dwaine,

First of all, thanks for your answers.
I don't really understand why my reply didn't show up (may be because I was answering on my GSM and it failed to post... or the problem was maybe just me :shock:) but I did answer to you looong time ago.

Anyway, sorry for the long delay before answering back to your kind answers and suggestions.

Please find below the output of the ldd command:

$ ldd /opt/resolve/bin/resolve
   linux-vdso.so.1 (0x00007ffc13b72000)
   libc++.so.1 => /opt/resolve/bin/../libs/libc++.so.1 (0x00007fb9aa2d7000)
   libc++abi.so.1 => /opt/resolve/bin/../libs/libc++abi.so.1 (0x00007fb9aa09a000)
   libpthread.so.0 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libpthread.so.0 (0x00007fb9aa059000)
   libgpudetect.so => /opt/resolve/bin/../libs/libgpudetect.so (0x00007fb9a9f8d000)
   librsvg-2.so.2 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/librsvg-2.so.2 (0x00007fb9a9a2d000)
   libBMDDavUI.so => /opt/resolve/bin/../libs/libBMDDavUI.so (0x00007fb9a9925000)
   libQt5Concurrent.so.5 => /opt/resolve/bin/../libs/libQt5Concurrent.so.5 (0x00007fb9a991d000)
   libQt5DBus.so.5 => /opt/resolve/bin/../libs/libQt5DBus.so.5 (0x00007fb9a9888000)
   libQt5Multimedia.so.5 => /opt/resolve/bin/../libs/libQt5Multimedia.so.5 (0x00007fb9a9795000)
   libQt5OpenGL.so.5 => /opt/resolve/bin/../libs/libQt5OpenGL.so.5 (0x00007fb9a9733000)
   libQt5Sql.so.5 => /opt/resolve/bin/../libs/libQt5Sql.so.5 (0x00007fb9a96f2000)
   libQt5Svg.so.5 => /opt/resolve/bin/../libs/libQt5Svg.so.5 (0x00007fb9a9694000)
   libQt5WebSockets.so.5 => /opt/resolve/bin/../libs/libQt5WebSockets.so.5 (0x00007fb9a9661000)
   libQt5Widgets.so.5 => /opt/resolve/bin/../libs/libQt5Widgets.so.5 (0x00007fb9a8f7e000)
   libQt5Xml.so.5 => /opt/resolve/bin/../libs/libQt5Xml.so.5 (0x00007fb9a8f29000)
   libQt5XmlPatterns.so.5 => /opt/resolve/bin/../libs/libQt5XmlPatterns.so.5 (0x00007fb9a8b29000)
   fusionscript.so => /opt/resolve/bin/../libs/Fusion/fusionscript.so (0x00007fb9a84a8000)
   libluajit-5.1.so.2 => /opt/resolve/bin/../libs/libluajit-5.1.so.2 (0x00007fb9a821d000)
   libtbbmalloc.so.2 => /opt/resolve/bin/../libs/libtbbmalloc.so.2 (0x00007fb9a7fdc000)
   libtbbmalloc_proxy.so.2 => /opt/resolve/bin/../libs/libtbbmalloc_proxy.so.2 (0x00007fb9a7dd7000)
   libcudart.so.11.0 => /opt/resolve/bin/../libs/libcudart.so.11.0 (0x00007fb9a7b59000)
   libcublas.so.11 => /opt/resolve/bin/../libs/libcublas.so.11 (0x00007fb9a1d03000)
   libnvrtc.so.11.0 => /opt/resolve/bin/../libs/libnvrtc.so.11.0 (0x00007fb9a0518000)
   libGLU.so.1 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libGLU.so.1 (0x00007fb9a04a7000)
   libGL.so.1 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libGL.so.1 (0x00007fb9a0420000)
   libXxf86vm.so.1 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libXxf86vm.so.1 (0x00007fb9a021a000)
   libSM.so.6 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libSM.so.6 (0x00007fb9a020f000)
   libICE.so.6 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libICE.so.6 (0x00007fb9a01ee000)
   libm.so.6 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libm.so.6 (0x00007fb9a006b000)
   libdl.so.2 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libdl.so.2 (0x00007fb9a0066000)
   librt.so.1 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/librt.so.1 (0x00007fb9a005c000)
   libudev.so.1 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libudev.so.1 (0x00007fb9a0036000)
   libuuid.so.1 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libuuid.so.1 (0x00007fb9a002d000)
   liblzma.so.5 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/liblzma.so.5 (0x00007fb9a0003000)
   libopencv_calib3d.so.3.4 => /opt/resolve/bin/../libs/libopencv_calib3d.so.3.4 (0x00007fb99fe3d000)
   libopencv_dnn.so.3.4 => /opt/resolve/bin/../libs/libopencv_dnn.so.3.4 (0x00007fb99fad2000)
   libopencv_objdetect.so.3.4 => /opt/resolve/bin/../libs/libopencv_objdetect.so.3.4 (0x00007fb99fa80000)
   libopencv_video.so.3.4 => /opt/resolve/bin/../libs/libopencv_video.so.3.4 (0x00007fb99fa2f000)
   libopencv_ml.so.3.4 => /opt/resolve/bin/../libs/libopencv_ml.so.3.4 (0x00007fb99f969000)
   libopencv_features2d.so.3.4 => /opt/resolve/bin/../libs/libopencv_features2d.so.3.4 (0x00007fb99f8b6000)
   libssl.so.1.1 => /opt/resolve/bin/../libs/libssl.so.1.1 (0x00007fb99f820000)
   libcrypto.so.1.1 => /opt/resolve/bin/../libs/libcrypto.so.1.1 (0x00007fb99f52f000)
   libresolv.so.2 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libresolv.so.2 (0x00007fb99f515000)
   libpq.so.5 => /opt/resolve/bin/../libs/libpq.so.5 (0x00007fb99f4c9000)
   libcurl.so => /opt/resolve/bin/../libs/libcurl.so (0x00007fb99f433000)
   libgvc.so.6 => /opt/resolve/bin/../libs/libgvc.so.6 (0x00007fb99f190000)
   libcgraph.so.6 => /opt/resolve/bin/../libs/libcgraph.so.6 (0x00007fb99ef7a000)
   libcdt.so.5 => /opt/resolve/bin/../libs/libcdt.so.5 (0x00007fb99ed75000)
   libxdot.so.4 => /opt/resolve/bin/../libs/libxdot.so.4 (0x00007fb99eb70000)
   libpathplan.so.4 => /opt/resolve/bin/../libs/libpathplan.so.4 (0x00007fb99e968000)
   liblog4cxx.so.10 => /opt/resolve/bin/../libs/liblog4cxx.so.10 (0x00007fb99e449000)
   libaprutil-1.so.0 => /opt/resolve/bin/../libs/libaprutil-1.so.0 (0x00007fb99e21a000)
   libapr-1.so.0 => /opt/resolve/bin/../libs/libapr-1.so.0 (0x00007fb99dfdf000)
   libcudnn.so.8 => /opt/resolve/bin/../libs/libcudnn.so.8 (0x00007fb99ddb6000)
   libOpenCL.so.1 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libOpenCL.so.1 (0x00007fb99dda9000)
   libArriImageSdk.so.7 => /opt/resolve/bin/../libs/libArriImageSdk.so.7 (0x00007fb99cbb8000)
   libCrmSdk.so.2.8 => /opt/resolve/bin/../libs/libCrmSdk.so.2.8 (0x00007fb99bd64000)
   libcodexhdedecoder.so.4 => /opt/resolve/bin/../libs/libcodexhdedecoder.so.4 (0x00007fb99bb57000)
   libavformat.so.58 => /opt/resolve/bin/../libs/libavformat.so.58 (0x00007fb99b6ff000)
   libavcodec.so.58 => /opt/resolve/bin/../libs/libavcodec.so.58 (0x00007fb99a148000)
   libavutil.so.56 => /opt/resolve/bin/../libs/libavutil.so.56 (0x00007fb999c99000)
   libgvcodec.so => /opt/resolve/bin/../libs/libgvcodec.so (0x00007fb999a72000)
   libMXF.so => /opt/resolve/bin/../libs/libMXF.so (0x00007fb999761000)
   libSonyRawDev.so.4 => /opt/resolve/bin/../libs/libSonyRawDev.so.4 (0x00007fb999234000)
   libsonyxavcenc.so => /opt/resolve/bin/../libs/libsonyxavcenc.so (0x00007fb998fc7000)
   libQtSingleApplication.so => /opt/resolve/bin/../libs/libQtSingleApplication.so (0x00007fb998db9000)
   libSMDK-Linux-x64.so.4.21 => /opt/resolve/bin/../libs/libSMDK-Linux-x64.so.4.21 (0x00007fb998aa4000)
   libDNxHR.so => /opt/resolve/bin/../libs/libDNxHR.so (0x00007fb9984f2000)
   libDNxUncompressedSDK.so => /opt/resolve/bin/../libs/libDNxUncompressedSDK.so (0x00007fb99822d000)
   libfraunhoferdcp.so => /opt/resolve/bin/../libs/libfraunhoferdcp.so (0x00007fb994f39000)
   libxmlsec1.so => /opt/resolve/bin/../libs/libxmlsec1.so (0x00007fb994b1d000)
   libxmlsec1-openssl.so => /opt/resolve/bin/../libs/libxmlsec1-openssl.so (0x00007fb9944ad000)
   libgstreamer-1.0.so.0 => /opt/resolve/bin/../libs/libgstreamer-1.0.so.0 (0x00007fb99415e000)
   libgobject-2.0.so.0 => /opt/resolve/bin/../libs/libgobject-2.0.so.0 (0x00007fb993efa000)
   libglib-2.0.so.0 => /opt/resolve/bin/../libs/libglib-2.0.so.0 (0x00007fb993b77000)
   libgstbase-1.0.so.0 => /opt/resolve/bin/../libs/libgstbase-1.0.so.0 (0x00007fb9938ef000)
   libgstapp-1.0.so.0 => /opt/resolve/bin/../libs/libgstapp-1.0.so.0 (0x00007fb9936da000)
   libgstrtp-1.0.so.0 => /opt/resolve/bin/../libs/libgstrtp-1.0.so.0 (0x00007fb9934aa000)
   libgstvideo-1.0.so.0 => /opt/resolve/bin/../libs/libgstvideo-1.0.so.0 (0x00007fb9931ba000)
   libgstsdp-1.0.so.0 => /opt/resolve/bin/../libs/libgstsdp-1.0.so.0 (0x00007fb992f9d000)
   libgstpbutils-1.0.so.0 => /opt/resolve/bin/../libs/libgstpbutils-1.0.so.0 (0x00007fb992d58000)
   libgstaudio-1.0.so.0 => /opt/resolve/bin/../libs/libgstaudio-1.0.so.0 (0x00007fb992ac7000)
   libgsttag-1.0.so.0 => /opt/resolve/bin/../libs/libgsttag-1.0.so.0 (0x00007fb992886000)
   libgstwebrtc-1.0.so.0 => /opt/resolve/bin/../libs/libgstwebrtc-1.0.so.0 (0x00007fb992677000)
   libffi.so.7 => /opt/resolve/bin/../libs/libffi.so.7 (0x00007fb99246b000)
   libQt5Gui.so.5 => /opt/resolve/bin/../libs/libQt5Gui.so.5 (0x00007fb991d97000)
   libQt5Core.so.5 => /opt/resolve/bin/../libs/libQt5Core.so.5 (0x00007fb9916d2000)
   libQt5Network.so.5 => /opt/resolve/bin/../libs/libQt5Network.so.5 (0x00007fb991502000)
   libopencv_flann.so.3.4 => /opt/resolve/bin/../libs/libopencv_flann.so.3.4 (0x00007fb99148e000)
   libopencv_highgui.so.3.4 => /opt/resolve/bin/../libs/libopencv_highgui.so.3.4 (0x00007fb991481000)
   libopencv_videoio.so.3.4 => /opt/resolve/bin/../libs/libopencv_videoio.so.3.4 (0x00007fb991463000)
   libopencv_imgcodecs.so.3.4 => /opt/resolve/bin/../libs/libopencv_imgcodecs.so.3.4 (0x00007fb991430000)
   libopencv_imgproc.so.3.4 => /opt/resolve/bin/../libs/libopencv_imgproc.so.3.4 (0x00007fb99103c000)
   libopencv_core.so.3.4 => /opt/resolve/bin/../libs/libopencv_core.so.3.4 (0x00007fb990d46000)
   libgcc_s.so.1 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libgcc_s.so.1 (0x00007fb990d2c000)
   libc.so.6 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6 (0x00007fb990b6c000)
   /lib64/ld-linux-x86-64.so.2 (0x00007fb9aa5af000)
   libX11.so.6 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libX11.so.6 (0x00007fb990a2b000)
   libXext.so.6 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libXext.so.6 (0x00007fb990819000)
   libstdc++.so.6 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libstdc++.so.6 (0x00007fb990695000)
   libgdk_pixbuf-2.0.so.0 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libgdk_pixbuf-2.0.so.0 (0x00007fb99066d000)
   libgio-2.0.so.0 => /opt/resolve/bin/../libs/libgio-2.0.so.0 (0x00007fb99027e000)
   libpangocairo-1.0.so.0 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libpangocairo-1.0.so.0 (0x00007fb99026e000)
   libcairo.so.2 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libcairo.so.2 (0x00007fb99014e000)
   libpangoft2-1.0.so.0 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libpangoft2-1.0.so.0 (0x00007fb990135000)
   libpango-1.0.so.0 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libpango-1.0.so.0 (0x00007fb9900ea000)
   libfontconfig.so.1 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libfontconfig.so.1 (0x00007fb9900a2000)
   libcroco-0.6.so.3 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libcroco-0.6.so.3 (0x00007fb990064000)
   libxml2.so.2 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libxml2.so.2 (0x00007fb98feb9000)
   libdbus-1.so.3 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libdbus-1.so.3 (0x00007fb98fe66000)
   libxkbcommon-x11.so.0 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libxkbcommon-x11.so.0 (0x00007fb98fe5a000)
   libxkbcommon.so.0 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libxkbcommon.so.0 (0x00007fb98fe17000)
   libcublasLt.so.11 => /opt/resolve/bin/../libs/libcublasLt.so.11 (0x00007fb984c88000)
   libGLdispatch.so.0 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libGLdispatch.so.0 (0x00007fb984bd0000)
   libGLX.so.0 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libGLX.so.0 (0x00007fb984b9d000)
   libbsd.so.0 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libbsd.so.0 (0x00007fb984b81000)
   libz.so.1 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libz.so.1 (0x00007fb984b63000)
   libexpat.so.1 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libexpat.so.1 (0x00007fb984b26000)
   libcrypt.so.1 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libcrypt.so.1 (0x00007fb984aea000)
   libbz2.so.1 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libbz2.so.1 (0x00007fb984ad7000)
   libgmodule-2.0.so.0 => /opt/resolve/bin/../libs/libgmodule-2.0.so.0 (0x00007fb9848d3000)
   liborc-0.4.so.0 => /opt/resolve/bin/../libs/liborc-0.4.so.0 (0x00007fb984600000)
   libgthread-2.0.so.0 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libgthread-2.0.so.0 (0x00007fb9845fb000)
   libxcb.so.1 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libxcb.so.1 (0x00007fb9845d1000)
   libfreetype.so.6 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libfreetype.so.6 (0x00007fb984513000)
   libpixman-1.so.0 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libpixman-1.so.0 (0x00007fb98446c000)
   libpng16.so.16 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libpng16.so.16 (0x00007fb984433000)
   libxcb-shm.so.0 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libxcb-shm.so.0 (0x00007fb98442e000)
   libxcb-render.so.0 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libxcb-render.so.0 (0x00007fb98441f000)
   libXrender.so.1 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libXrender.so.1 (0x00007fb984215000)
   libharfbuzz.so.0 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libharfbuzz.so.0 (0x00007fb984118000)
   libthai.so.0 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libthai.so.0 (0x00007fb98410d000)
   libfribidi.so.0 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libfribidi.so.0 (0x00007fb9840f0000)
   libicui18n.so.63 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libicui18n.so.63 (0x00007fb983e15000)
   libicuuc.so.63 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libicuuc.so.63 (0x00007fb983c46000)
   libicudata.so.63 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libicudata.so.63 (0x00007fb982254000)
   libsystemd.so.0 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libsystemd.so.0 (0x00007fb9821b3000)
   libxcb-xkb.so.1 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libxcb-xkb.so.1 (0x00007fb982195000)
   libXau.so.6 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libXau.so.6 (0x00007fb981f91000)
   libXdmcp.so.6 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libXdmcp.so.6 (0x00007fb981d8b000)
   libgraphite2.so.3 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libgraphite2.so.3 (0x00007fb981d5c000)
   libdatrie.so.1 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libdatrie.so.1 (0x00007fb981d52000)
   liblz4.so.1 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/liblz4.so.1 (0x00007fb981d33000)
   libgcrypt.so.20 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libgcrypt.so.20 (0x00007fb981c15000)
   libgpg-error.so.0 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libgpg-error.so.0 (0x00007fb981bf2000)

Any clue?
Thanks again for your help.

Edit: I have just tested with the 18.1.2 update, and the behaviour/output is the same. :?:
Fedora Workstation 39

Romrom

PostSun Feb 12, 2023 3:43 pm

Hello,
In order to solve the issue I have launching/running DaVinci Resolve >18.0.4 on Debian 10 (MX Linux 19.4), I am looking for people who have successfully launched and run DaVinci Resolve 18.1 on Debian based system (Debian 10 or Debian 11), please?

I am trying to trouble shoot in order to know if the issue is hardware or software.
Thanks for your help.
Fedora Workstation 39

Johan Cramer

PostTue Mar 07, 2023 5:43 pm

On the current Debian testing (bookworm), the Nvidia drivers seem to be broken, respectively not working for Resolve (versions 18.1.3 and 18.1.4 tested). My card is a GTX-1080Ti.

When installing nvidia-opencl-icd and libnvidia-compiler, as recommend by Daniel Tufvesson for makeresolvedeb, "clinfo" shows "0" as "Number of Platforms", and Resolve quits with the error message "Unsupported GPU Processing Mode".

When installing nvidia-tesla-opencl-icd and libnvidia-tesla-compiler instead (which results in the packages nvidia-opencl-icd and libnvidia-compiler being removed/replaced), "clinfo" shows a working OpenCL environment, Resolve launches seemingly without problems, but fails to display any clips with the error message "The GPU failed to perform image processing because of an error. Error Code: 304".

Does anyone know a solution of the problem?

Daniel Tufvesson

PostThu Mar 16, 2023 8:34 pm

I have Resolve Studio running fine on Bookworm using the current NVIDIA 525.89.02-1 driver and a GTX1080. The packages I have listed on my website are still valid for Bookworm.

Try a complete reinstall of the nvidia packages:
sudo apt-get autoremove --purge nvidia* libnvidia*
And then install only these packages:
sudo apt-get install nvidia-driver nvidia-opencl-icd libcuda1 libglu1-mesa
From your description it sounds like you may have a bad opencl setup. Even if you are using Cuda you need to have opencl working to make Resolve happy. Check /etc/OpenCL/vendors/. There should be one and only one *.icd file there. For NVIDIA it will be called nvidia.icd.

You can not use the Tesla drivers with a GTX card.

Also keep in mind that the current Desktop Video 12.4.1 package is not compatible with the 6.1 kernel in Bookworm so you will not have working Decklink I/O until an updated Desktop Video is released.

roger.magnusson

PostThu Mar 16, 2023 8:52 pm

Daniel Tufvesson wrote:Also keep in mind that the current Desktop Video 12.4.1 package is not compatible with the 6.1 kernel in Bookworm so you will not have working Decklink I/O until an updated Desktop Video is released.

Until then, some users have got it working by making a few changes: https://forum.blackmagicdesign.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=173218

MurilloDaniel

PostWed Jul 12, 2023 7:08 pm

If I try to do the following steps of makeresolvedeb:

sudo apt-get install nvidia-driver nvidia-opencl-icd libcuda1 libglu1-mesa

I receive this as an answer:

Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
Reading state information... Done
Package nvidia-opencl-icd is a virtual package provided by:
libnvidia-compute-535-server 535.54.03-0ubuntu0.22.04.1
libnvidia-compute-525-server 525.125.06-0ubuntu0.22.04.1
libnvidia-compute-470-server 470.199.02-0ubuntu0.22.04.1
libnvidia-compute-450-server 450.248.02-0ubuntu0.22.04.1
libnvidia-compute-418-server 418.226.00-0ubuntu5~0.22.04.1
libnvidia-compute-535 535.54.03-0ubuntu0.22.04.1
libnvidia-compute-525 525.125.06-0ubuntu0.22.04.1
libnvidia-compute-470 470.199.02-0ubuntu0.22.04.1
libnvidia-compute-390 390.157-0ubuntu0.22.04.2
You should explicitly select one to install.

Package libcuda1 is a virtual package provided by:
libnvidia-compute-470-server 470.199.02-0ubuntu0.22.04.1 (= 470.199.02-0ubuntu0.22.04.1)
libnvidia-compute-450-server 450.248.02-0ubuntu0.22.04.1 (= 450.248.02-0ubuntu0.22.04.1)
libnvidia-compute-418-server 418.226.00-0ubuntu5~0.22.04.1 (= 418.226.00-0ubuntu5~0.22.04.1)
libnvidia-compute-470 470.199.02-0ubuntu0.22.04.1 (= 470.199.02-0ubuntu0.22.04.1)
libnvidia-compute-390 390.157-0ubuntu0.22.04.2 (= 390.157-0ubuntu0.22.04.2)
You should explicitly select one to install.

E: Unable to locate package nvidia-driver
E: Package 'nvidia-opencl-icd' has no installation candidate
E: Package 'libcuda1' has no installation candidate

No matter which option I select I states that it does not exist:

sudo apt-get install libnvidia-compute-535-server 535.54.03-0ubuntu0.22.04.1
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
Reading state information... Done
E: Unable to locate package 535.54.03-0ubuntu0.22.04.1
E: Couldn't find any package by glob '535.54.03-0ubuntu0.22.04.1'
E: Couldn't find any package by regex '535.54.03-0ubuntu0.22.04.1'

What am I supposed to be doing instead?

Ara Thomassian

PostTue Jul 18, 2023 5:36 pm

Hello Daniel & Dwaine,

Tried to upgrade from 17.4 to 18.1.4 today on Ubuntu and having all sorts of problems. Originally launched the program and a white screen popped up. Killed the process and not even the splash screen would pop up afterwards. Tried restarts as well as a full powerdown and nothing would pop up the white screen again. So i tried adding the skip onboard process on the make resolve deb and still no splash screen. Nada...

tried launching from the terminal (/opt/resolve/bin/resolve) and got this:
ActCCMessage Already in Table: Code= c005, Mode= 13, Level= 1, CmdKey= -1, Option= 0
ActCCMessage Already in Table: Code= c006, Mode= 13, Level= 1, CmdKey= -1, Option= 0
ActCCMessage Already in Table: Code= c007, Mode= 13, Level= 1, CmdKey= -1, Option= 0
ActCCMessage Already in Table: Code= 2282, Mode= 0, Level= 0, CmdKey= 8, Option= 0
PnlMsgActionStringAdapter Already in Table: Code= 615e, Mode= 0, Level= 0, CmdKey= -1, Option= 0
log4cxx: No appender could be found for logger (UI).
log4cxx: Please initialize the log4cxx system properly.
18.1.4.0009 Linux/Clang x86_64
Main thread starts: E42AB6C0
log4cxx: setFile(./logs/rollinglog.txt,true) call failed.
log4cxx: IO Exception : status code = 2
0x7f16e42ab6c0 | Undefined | INFO | 2023-07-18 10:30:14,537 | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
log4cxx: No output stream or file set for the appender named [RollLogAppender].
0x7f16e42ab6c0 | Undefined | INFO | 2023-07-18 10:30:14,537 | Loaded log config from /home/arathomassian/.local/share/DaVinciResolve/configs/log-conf.xml
0x7f16e42ab6c0 | Undefined | INFO | 2023-07-18 10:30:14,537 | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can someone who's much smarter than me explain whats going on?

Ara Thomassian

PostTue Jul 18, 2023 6:56 pm

also ran the ldd /opt/resolve/bin/resolve and saw this at the bottom

libgpg-error.so.0 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libgpg-error.so.0 (0x00007fd6102b7000)

Not sure what this means...

Ara Thomassian

PostSun Jul 23, 2023 4:20 pm

Ara Thomassian wrote:Hello Daniel & Dwaine,

Tried to upgrade from 17.4 to 18.1.4 today on Ubuntu and having all sorts of problems. Originally launched the program and a white screen popped up. Killed the process and not even the splash screen would pop up afterwards. Tried restarts as well as a full powerdown and nothing would pop up the white screen again. So i tried adding the skip onboard process on the make resolve deb and still no splash screen. Nada...

Wanted to follow up on this. Found a solution! Someone on the boards recommended I just run the installer that came from BlackMagic itself. Thought that was kind of strange because the whole purpose is to make Resolve Deb so that we could use it in Deb distros. Anyway, after I did that I got an error stating every library i'm missing.

I installed them one by one and launched resolve and all is well! This also seems to have fixes a long running problem i was having in version 17, which was Resolve sometimes wouldnt get past the splash screen.

Super happy and hoping someone in the same boat comes across this solution.

Johan Cramer

PostSun Jul 23, 2023 4:23 pm

Could it be that makeresolvedeb is no longer actively developed?

Ara Thomassian

PostSun Jul 23, 2023 7:15 pm

Johan Cramer wrote:Could it be that makeresolvedeb is no longer actively developed?

Last update was in December of 2022. Daniel (The developer of MakeResolveDeb) stills posts here, but i might have missed a post about development being done. Interesting...

csx333

PostFri Aug 11, 2023 11:23 am

I just successfully installed Davinci Resolve Studio 18.5 with Daniel Tufvessons MakeResolveDeb Multi
on Linux Ubuntu Studio 23.04:

https://www.danieltufvesson.com/makeresolvedeb

I didn't follow the instructions "Installing the appropriate GPU drivers" in his guide.
Before installing Davinci Resolve, I installed the Nvidia CUDA Toolkit 12.2 following these instructions:
(first purge Nvidia Driver if installed: sudo apt purge nvidia-driver-xxx)

https://developer.nvidia.com/cuda-downloads?target_os=Linux&target_arch=x86_64&Distribution=Ubuntu&target_version=22.04&target_type=deb_local

Everything worked like a charm. Thanks Daniel !!

PS.: The first welcome screen is just black and must be closed by right clicking on the taskbar icon, then Resolve will start as expected.
GeForce RTX 2070 Super
AMD Ryzen 9 3900X
32 GB DDR4

ricflomag

PostThu Jan 18, 2024 10:25 am

Many thanks Daniel for your script. I have been using it since version 15.

Resolve does not appear in the app list when I want to open a .drp project file from the file explorer "Open with..." contextual menu entry. That would be handy. Do you think the script can fix that ?

I use System76's Pop!OS last version, based on Ubuntu. Can anyone confirm the same behavior on Debian, Ubuntu or Mint ?

Cheers.
Ric.

endless

PostThu Jan 18, 2024 2:21 pm

Any help or referral appreciated:

Resolve FREE is kinda/sorta installed ok, BUT does not display VIDEO---except MOV files (not MP4, MXF, etc). Audio seems ok.
???
My systems are LMDE6 on gaming tower and 3 other HP laptops.
Using MakeResolveDeb I was successful installing Resolve 18.6 STUDIO on the gaming tower (Yah!).
HOWEVER, I wanted to install the Resolve FREE to the laptops, and I'm a bit stuck;
This first attempt is an HP Omen 17in, 3-4 years old, GTX1060, NVidia 525 (which works ok on the tower), and the very same source material files as in the project working ok on the tower.

Why would the laptop be different and ALMOST work, but no video??
I've gone thru all steps again just to ensure, but same results.

Johan Cramer

PostFri Jan 19, 2024 8:01 pm

ricflomag wrote:Many thanks Daniel for your script. I have been using it since version 15.

Resolve does not appear in the app list when I want to open a .drp project file from the file explorer "Open with..." contextual menu entry. That would be handy. Do you think the script can fix that ?

I use System76's Pop!OS last version, based on Ubuntu. Can anyone confirm the same behavior on Debian, Ubuntu or Mint ?

No problem on Debian running Gnome. I didn't even need to configure anything, Davinci Resolve Studio is the default option for opening .drp files.

However, lately I have become a bit concerned that makeresolvedeb seems to be unmaintained since more than a year. Let's pray that it will keep working on future Resolve releases...

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

PostFri Jan 19, 2024 8:10 pm

@Christian: Free Resolve on Linux does not support H.264/H.265 files. Only the Studio version has that support.
Dwaine Maggart
PreviousNext

Return to DaVinci Resolve