Jump to: Board index » General » Fusion

Planer tracker black screen at clip start

Learn about 3D compositing, animation, broadcast design and VFX workflows.
  • Author

GCMARINI

Planer tracker black screen at clip start

PostWed Nov 22, 2023 3:08 pm

Im on fusion with a drone clip drowning some lines to show streets. Used planar tracker. Everything on fusion page works fine. But when i go to edit page and render the video, the start of the video is black screen.

I had this issue on 3 videos alrready. This one is a test,

I dont why, any ideias to help me out.

Sander de Regt

Re: PLANAR TRACKING BLACK SCREEN ON PART OF VIDEO

PostWed Nov 22, 2023 8:08 pm

Are there any messages in the console that might be of assitance?
Sander de Regt

ShadowMaker SdR
The Netherlands

DavySilva

PostWed Nov 22, 2023 8:49 pm

Something funny going on there.

Not at the office now but you can send me the script and I can check it for you tomorrow.
Online Editor and Colourist.
“Never stop learning because life never stops teaching”

GCMARINI

PostThu Nov 23, 2023 4:00 pm

Sander de Regt wrote:Are there any messages in the console that might be of assitance?

This is the console, im not usual with this, i dont know if it can help you out. I use to use the planar tracker the same way many times, never had this ussue, since 3 months maybe an update, i dont know, i have it. When its on the midle of the clip, the video blinks a black screen...

i see that the PLANAR TRANSFORM NODE is red (witch means there is a problem until this 18 frame. than it turns green again and thats when the screen show again. And now after save and reload the Project i see that the screen shows at the fusion page until this FRAME 18 but its freeze, and from 19 on, it starts to run smooth again.

Sorry about my english....
Attachments
Captura de tela 2023-11-23 125651.jpg
console
Captura de tela 2023-11-23 125651.jpg (232.05 KiB) Viewed 926 times

Peter Chamberlain

Blackmagic Design

PostWed Nov 29, 2023 2:08 pm

Please refrain from shouting (all caps)
DaVinci Resolve Product Manager

GCMARINI

Re: Planer tracker black screen at clip start

PostWed Nov 29, 2023 6:39 pm

Peter Chamberlain wrote:Please refrain from shouting (all caps)

Ah Ok, I´m sorry, i dont really pay attention for that, sometimes im using All Caps at the ccomputer and dont chage it.

anyway, anyone to hp me out.. Im trying everything. I used other videos, It seems everytime i set a keyfram on ZERO for Size, Blend or other caracteristic that i need to change to Start / Stop an aniation, it turns the screen black.

GCMARINI

PostThu Nov 30, 2023 1:56 am

This is another video with the problem again. New attempt to track and animate some lines and icons and i get some black screens flashing

Can someone help me out please

Darsha

PostThu Nov 30, 2023 4:41 am

GCMARINI wrote:Im on fusion with a drone clip drowning some lines to show streets. Used planar tracker. Everything on fusion page works fine. But when i go to edit page and render the video, the start of the video is black screen.

I had this issue on 3 videos alrready. This one is a test,

I dont why, any ideias to help me out.

It appears that the beginning of your edited drone clip has a black screen due to a rendering problem. Verify the correct integration of fusion composition and check your render settings. Examine any fusion compositions for possible problems as well. Try contacting the software's support community for specialized troubleshooting help if the issue continues.

GCMARINI

PostThu Nov 30, 2023 4:12 pm

DavySilva wrote:Something funny going on there.

Not at the office now but you can send me the script and I can check it for you tomorrow.

I dont know how to send it it you. I´m not a pro on davinci, sorry . How i can do that ???

Really ned help.. I have a dead line to delivery it, and im trying everything new compounds, new fuion clip, new project, everyone has the same problem...

Tks

Sander de Regt

PostThu Nov 30, 2023 4:19 pm

Id love to help you out, but I can't hear your voice in the video you posted, because the music is playing.
What codec is the video in? Sometimes blackouts like these can happen if the codec doesn't feed its frames quickly enough. If you convert this shot to prores or something like that, does it still happen?
Sander de Regt

ShadowMaker SdR
The Netherlands

GCMARINI

PostThu Nov 30, 2023 4:27 pm

Here is a link to downlo a test i made, with the project and the file needed

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Apy9GP0GYvZ3kEnDQj6 ... t?e=FHvx3u

tks

Sander de Regt

PostThu Nov 30, 2023 4:47 pm

I think I've got it. It's probably the length of the polygon that's tripping you up.
Because the black parts are linked to that setting in time.
As soon as I change the 0 value of the length to something like 0.001 the shot renders fine.

I think it has something to do with Fusion not rendering anything (which makes sense, since there isn't anything to render) but the planar transform can't deal with that, since it needs data to transform.

Give that a try and see if it helps. If you don't want even that part of the line to be visible at the beginning, you should animate the blend of the merge to coincide with the start of your animation.
Sander de Regt

ShadowMaker SdR
The Netherlands

GCMARINI

PostThu Nov 30, 2023 6:53 pm

Sander de Regt wrote:I think I've got it. It's probably the length of the polygon that's tripping you up.
Because the black parts are linked to that setting in time.
As soon as I change the 0 value of the length to something like 0.001 the shot renders fine.

I think it has something to do with Fusion not rendering anything (which makes sense, since there isn't anything to render) but the planar transform can't deal with that, since it needs data to transform.

Give that a try and see if it helps. If you don't want even that part of the line to be visible at the beginning, you should animate the blend of the merge to coincide with the start of your animation.

Thansk for your attention. I figure that out too. But, If i Blend to Zero i get the black screen flashing too. Every parameter i set to Zero to animate, it turns a black screen... some times for more time like 30--60 frames...

I dnt know if its a problem with Mine soft now, after the update, or everybody has this problem. Also, when i insert a Call Out into the Fusion, (not on the timeline , but directly in fusion ) it does not work the animation. If i insert the Call out (native from Reesolve for instanse) in timeline, it works, but it has no track, if i track it in fusion, stops to work the animation...

I realy dont know what is ging on with it and i have 3 videos to edit until Monday... All of them with animations like call outs and lines. Its a simpmle animation and i cant get it done now... Im using the same workflow i used for months.

GCMARINI

PostThu Nov 30, 2023 7:28 pm

Sander de Regt wrote:Id love to help you out, but I can't hear your voice in the video you posted, because the music is playing.
What codec is the video in? Sometimes blackouts like these can happen if the codec doesn't feed its frames quickly enough. If you convert this shot to prores or something like that, does it still happen?

I always use like this. The flahs black screen happens on Edit Page also when its rendered.

I notice now that when i track a video and i have a 30 seconds clip, i track 10 secondes in the middle, and i insert a call out on fusion, the call out works from the biggining of the clip, not at the starting point of the tracking, also i tryed to manage th keyframes from the call out but it crashes... you cannoot set a starting point/fram now on the callouts.. Besides the black screen problem... Its unbulievable

Return to Fusion