Jump to: Board index » General » Fusion

My pc is having trouble on the fusion page, please help me.

Learn about 3D compositing, animation, broadcast design and VFX workflows.
  • Author

MrThio

My pc is having trouble on the fusion page, please help me.

PostThu Apr 25, 2024 3:31 pm

My configuration is as follows:
RTX 4060
13th generation I7
32 GB ram
1Tb SSD
I have an animation that is giving my PC a hard time, even though this animation only has a few text and line animations, glow and motion blur. Do you know a way to reduce the weight of merged animations ? Because even the final export is very difficult for my PC.

KrunoSmithy

Re: My pc is having trouble on the fusion page, please help

PostThu Apr 25, 2024 4:22 pm

MrThio wrote:My configuration is as follows:
RTX 4060
13th generation I7
32 GB ram
1Tb SSD
I have an animation that is giving my PC a hard time, even though this animation only has a few text and line animations, glow and motion blur. Do you know a way to reduce the weight of merged animations ? Because even the final export is very difficult for my PC.

Fusion has many ways to optimize the process, both for viewing and exporting. Your configuration should be more than enough to run this with no issues, so I'm not sure what the problem is, but to give better advice, can you provide better explanation of your situation.

Are you trying to export the animation from Fusion Standalone, Fusion Page or Resolve Deliver Page? What have you tried so far? So I don't repeat everything. And are there any other factors or apps or something running? What resolution are you working in and what is your output or delivery resolution? What codec are you using to export?

Glow and motion blur tend to be somewhat computationally expensive, but for some lines and text it should not be too much for your PC. Are you working with 3D text or Text + ?

MrThio

PostFri Apr 26, 2024 5:01 pm

I try to render on the timeline with the "render shot" function, I also try to export my edit in 1920 X 1080 with Resolve Deliver Page. Honestly, I've been at it for 2 days now and I think I've tried everything! Nothing, only davinci is being used. I'm working in 1920 X 1080. The export codec is H.264 MP4. When I "render the shot" it's with the DnxHR 444 12bit codec.
My fusion composition is very full, I admit, but I generally use diffuse glow, motion blur and masks.
But even when I do "simple" animations, the rendering isn't fluid - it's not normal! When I try to read my fusion composition, I'm at 1 frame per second!

KrunoSmithy

PostFri Apr 26, 2024 7:10 pm

MrThio wrote:I try to render on the timeline with the "render shot" function, I also try to export my edit in 1920 X 1080 with Resolve Deliver Page. Honestly, I've been at it for 2 days now and I think I've tried everything! Nothing, only davinci is being used. I'm working in 1920 X 1080. The export codec is H.264 MP4. When I "render the shot" it's with the DnxHR 444 12bit codec.
My fusion composition is very full, I admit, but I generally use diffuse glow, motion blur and masks.
But even when I do "simple" animations, the rendering isn't fluid - it's not normal! When I try to read my fusion composition, I'm at 1 frame per second!

Well this is normal, that is why we have various ways to optimize our compositions and rendering with cache and plenty of other methods. I don't have access to your specific composition to see if you have unnecessary nodes and duplicate effects etc, but there are ways to optimize how composition itself is set up and that can have big impact. But beyond that, here are general methods you can use.

Personally my preferred method is to use loaders and saver nodes in Fusion page to speed things up. You can import and export elements with these nodes from Fusion page, as if it was a Fusion studio and go around rest of the resolve, which tends to speed up the process quite a bit and when you render as image sequence and something fails, you can go back and start fro last good frame. I use saver node often for simple stuff at jpeg 95% quality and works better than saving h264 for quality. Once I export an image sequence, usually much faster, I can reimport it and hook it to media out node. Or export few times in a complex composition and avoid doing it all in one go. Depending on workstation and composition complexity of course.

editpage.jpg
editpage.jpg (145.67 KiB) Viewed 229 times

fusion-page.jpg
fusion-page.jpg (71.95 KiB) Viewed 229 times

And here are some common ways to speed things up.

Get real time playback with your titles Davinci Resolve

Please Change This Render Cache Setting Right Now

RENDER IN PLACE - DaVinci Resolve 17 New Feature

Also look into Dod, ROI and Proxy use in Fusion page. This can also speed up everything a lot. And there are many, many other smaller things you can do to speed things up, but maybe its beyond this post. See if what I suggested works. Some of must work for your situation.

Return to Fusion