Jump to: Board index » General » Fusion

How to Change the Duration of a Composition

Learn about 3D compositing, animation, broadcast design and VFX workflows.
  • Author

Blylier

How to Change the Duration of a Composition

PostTue Apr 30, 2024 10:13 pm

Hi, i'm using the Davinci Fusion, and i created a new fusion composition by right-clicking in the media pool and selected "new fusion composition" so the composition is not on a timeline, it only exists standalone in the media pool.

When I did this, it created the composition with a duration of 5 seconds. I am now wanting to change that duration, but i cannot see a way to change it. I've tried moving the "in and out" points (at least i think that's what they're called) then selecting "set render range" but that does nothing.

How can i change the duration of a composition that is *not* on any timeline?

Pieter Van Houte

Re: How to Change the Duration of a Composition

PostWed May 01, 2024 4:43 pm

Honestly, get Fusion Studio unless you're doing this for a hobby. I am finding Fusion inside Resolve fantastic for a great many things, but for standalone comps that I need to adjust timing of etc, please no.
Support We Suck Less on Patreon -> https://www.patreon.com/wesuckless

https://www.steakunderwater.com/wesuckless

KrunoSmithy

Re: How to Change the Duration of a Composition

PostThu May 02, 2024 9:05 pm

Blylier wrote:Hi, i'm using the Davinci Fusion, and i created a new fusion composition by right-clicking in the media pool and selected "new fusion composition" so the composition is not on a timeline, it only exists standalone in the media pool.

When I did this, it created the composition with a duration of 5 seconds. I am now wanting to change that duration, but i cannot see a way to change it. I've tried moving the "in and out" points (at least i think that's what they're called) then selecting "set render range" but that does nothing.

How can i change the duration of a composition that is *not* on any timeline?

Right mouse click on the fusion composition in the edit page on your timeline. Choose option set clip duration, I think its called. and enter anything you need. It should extend your fusion composition to anything you need.

Return to Fusion