Jump to: Board index » General » Fusion

Glass Effect + Issues

Learn about 3D compositing, animation, broadcast design and VFX workflows.
  • Author

jsghost777

Glass Effect + Issues

PostSat May 25, 2024 6:24 am

Hi,

I've somewhat managed to create my own glass effect for text. But it's got some issues. If you look closely, you'll see in certain areas it creates an alpha effect (checkered underlay) and I also don't like the bright light on the edges, but I need it up high in the displace node in order to get the effect to actually appear. I've tried some blur and brightness contrast nodes, they've helped but yeah, I'm not happy with it thus far.

I'll tinker some more with it. Sometimes I just shift+space and start throwing in whatever nodes I see. Maybe I'll luck out on a few that give me the result I'm looking for. At least I'm making progress!
Attachments
Screenshot 2024-05-25 081845.png
Screenshot 2024-05-25 081845.png (396.78 KiB) Viewed 628 times

jsghost777

Re: Glass Effect + Issues

PostSat May 25, 2024 12:18 pm

I managed to control the borders a little more. This includes getting rid of the aforementioned issues which is great.

Pretty happy with this actually.

But I do have a question: Is there a node that functions similarly to the displace node but that doesn't need Background (Yellow) and Foreground (Green) input? I'm asking because at the moment I have to have an input in the displace node, in this case it's the map the text is on, otherwise nothing displays. And that means if I try to put this effect over something in my edit page it doesn't work. I haven't figured out a workaround just yet...
Attachments
Screenshot 2024-05-25 141649.png
Screenshot 2024-05-25 141649.png (366.29 KiB) Viewed 518 times

Bryan Ray

Re: Glass Effect + Issues

PostSat May 25, 2024 3:22 pm

It'll always need access to the pixels that are to be displaced. I have no idea how macros that interact directly with the edit page work (I only use Fusion Studio), but I believe that's the purpose of MediaIn: it grabs the clip from the timeline.
Bryan Ray
http://www.bryanray.name
http://www.sidefx.com

Return to Fusion