Jump to: Board index » General » Fusion

Hidden Debug Menu in Fusion

Learn about 3D compositing, animation, broadcast design and VFX workflows.
  • Author

KrunoSmithy

Hidden Debug Menu in Fusion

PostMon May 27, 2024 10:30 am

Hi, Guys.

I'm sure you all know that you can right mouse click on the cache indicator in the lower right corner to bring up menu for purging cache and if you double click on it you get Fusion preferences opened up.

sshot-3846.jpg
sshot-3846.jpg (24.86 KiB) Viewed 412 times

sshot-3847.jpg
sshot-3847.jpg (15.02 KiB) Viewed 412 times

But I didn't know that if you hold SHIFT key and right mouse click you get a hidden debug menu, that maybe could be useful for debugging of bug reports. Did you guys know about this, and would it be useful for anything you have tried to do before, like bug reports or debugging yourself? I'm not a developer or anything so this is forign language to me.

sshot-3848.jpg
sshot-3848.jpg (32.38 KiB) Viewed 412 times

Hendrik Proosa

Re: Hidden Debug Menu in Fusion

PostMon May 27, 2024 1:09 pm

Most of it seems to be related to graphics subsystem, in my case OpenGL (on win). Cache related entries which shows which operator outputs are in cache and for which time ranges and which gpu objects are kept in memory are interesting. For example it seems that for changing geometry (rotating cube etc), it keeps a copy of whole geometry per each frame so there can be hundreds of vertex buffer objects in the gpu memory.
I do stuff

KrunoSmithy

Re: Hidden Debug Menu in Fusion

PostMon May 27, 2024 1:18 pm

Hendrik Proosa wrote:Most of it seems to be related to graphics subsystem, in my case OpenGL (on win). Cache related entries which shows which operator outputs are in cache and for which time ranges and which gpu objects are kept in memory are interesting. For example it seems that for changing geometry (rotating cube etc), it keeps a copy of whole geometry per each frame so there can be hundreds of vertex buffer objects in the gpu memory.

So its for developers. ok.

Return to Fusion