Jump to: Board index » General » Fusion

using video in Title Templates

Learn about 3D compositing, animation, broadcast design and VFX workflows.
  • Author

mattgoudey

using video in Title Templates

PostThu Jan 28, 2021 5:51 pm

I've searched, and can't find a definitive 'yes or no' answer, so I apologize if I am asking an already answered question.

Can I use a video source in a title template? Here is my situation.

I exported a video from an AE comp. I imported it into Resolve. I created a Fusion comp using that video with some text, to create a title template. I saved that comp as a Macro/Title template according to many tutorials I found online.

The comp successfully saved as a Fusion Title, but when I try to add it to a new project timeline, the video is offline. The text elements are there and are editable, but they don't show in the video preview. Nothing shows.

So my ultimate question is: are title template only able to include elements created from within Fusion? Can I not include a video clip to be used in the template?

Dmitry Kitsov BMD

Blackmagic Design

Re: using video in Title Templates

PostFri Jan 29, 2021 7:02 pm

Hello, Matt,
At this time, Resolve does not automatically load the media used in the Fusion template.
You will need to make sure that the media is available in the project and then it will need to be reconnected to the appropriate media in nodes.
Knowing that any node in the Fusion comp can be renamed, effective measures can be taken to make it clear what clip should be used for which MediaIn node.
Blackmagic Design Sr.Technical Support Engineer

Scotty Why

PostMon Aug 02, 2021 1:57 pm

OK. Thanks for the info... but how do you do that?

Same issue. A combo of text and an image file as a template. How do I go about getting the image file to reload/relink - whatever it needs to do??
I have been fighting this exact problem for MONTHS and am ready to throw Resolve in the trash.

And honestly if it can't reload the image... what the hell good is it as a template?
DR Studio 18 Win10 22H2
11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-11900K @ 3.50GHz, 32GB RAM
GTX 1660 Super 6GB, Studio driver 31.0.15.3161
OS,Program: 1TB SSD - Media: 1TB SSD - Cache: 1TB SSD

TheBloke

PostMon Aug 02, 2021 7:57 pm

Scotty Why wrote:OK. Thanks for the info... but how do you do that?

Same issue. A combo of text and an image file as a template. How do I go about getting the image file to reload/relink - whatever it needs to do??
I have been fighting this exact problem for MONTHS and am ready to throw Resolve in the trash.

And honestly if it can't reload the image... what the hell good is it as a template?
You need to use a Loader node to load the media, save any footage as an image sequence (EXR, PNG, etc) - because Loader nodes have been crippled to only load static image formats - and use the Setting: Pathmap to load the media from the folder in which the template is stored.

Here's a video tutorial explaining all this:
Resolve Studio 17.4.3 and Fusion Studio 17.4.3 on macOS 11.6.1

Hackintosh:: X299, Intel i9-10980XE, 128GB DDR4, AMD 6900XT 16GB
Monitors: 1 x 3840x2160 & 3 x 1920x1200
Disk: 2TB NVMe + 4TB RAID0 NVMe; NAS: 36TB RAID6
BMD Speed Editor

Return to Fusion