Jump to: Board index » General » Fusion

Fusion 3D Camera Animation/Frame Offsetting

Learn about 3D compositing, animation, broadcast design and VFX workflows.
  • Author

ClayDay

Fusion 3D Camera Animation/Frame Offsetting

PostThu Jul 07, 2022 6:03 am

Howdy,

I'm currently working on a 3D project that is using rendered clips that start at frame 1001. I was hoping to use Fusion to do some extra comp work within Resolve and wanted to work with 3D cameras exported from Blender. However, my camera's animations start on frame 1001, and if I import them into Fusion/Resolve, they come in static since everything starts at frame 0.

I was wondering if there was any way to either change the default starting frame from 0 to 1001 OR if there was a way I could offset the out of frame range camera animation to start on 0 instead?

I would just do the offsetting manually in Blender before exporting, but then I run the risk of cameras breaking. So if anyone has any solutions, feel free to share!
Cheers!

Bryan Ray

Re: Fusion 3D Camera Animation/Frame Offsetting

PostThu Jul 07, 2022 2:23 pm

I'm not sure how to make a comp start at 1001 in Resolve. It's easy enough in standalone Fusion, but I'm just not familiar enough with how Resolve's timeline interacts with Fusion's time bar to say for certain there.

Moving the keyframes is probably the better approach. In the Keyframes panel, you can select all the keys and then use the Time Offset mode to shift them where they need to go. This is easiest if you filter the Keyframes view by Only Selected Tools:

Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (103.28 KiB) Viewed 1370 times

Ctrl+F in the keyframes view to ensure all the keys are visible, then marquee-select them—I think you have to spin down the tool name to see all the parameters individually in order to select them like that. Switch the combo box at the bottom from Time to T Offset, and enter the frame offset you need to move them to frame 0. -1001 in your case. Hit enter to commit the change.
Bryan Ray
http://www.bryanray.name
http://www.sidefx.com

ClayDay

PostThu Jul 07, 2022 7:15 pm

Bryan Ray wrote:I'm not sure how to make a comp start at 1001 in Resolve. It's easy enough in standalone Fusion, but I'm just not familiar enough with how Resolve's timeline interacts with Fusion's time bar to say for certain there.

Moving the keyframes is probably the better approach. In the Keyframes panel, you can select all the keys and then use the Time Offset mode to shift them where they need to go. This is easiest if you filter the Keyframes view by Only Selected Tools:

Untitled.jpg

Ctrl+F in the keyframes view to ensure all the keys are visible, then marquee-select them—I think you have to spin down the tool name to see all the parameters individually in order to select them like that. Switch the combo box at the bottom from Time to T Offset, and enter the frame offset you need to move them to frame 0. -1001 in your case. Hit enter to commit the change.

And that seems to be just what I was looking for. Thank you very much!

Sam Steti

PostFri Jul 08, 2022 2:36 pm

It's indeed the best way imho too. If it happens not to work the way you'd like to, you may try the TimeMachine node way...
*MacMini M1 16 Go - Ext nvme SSDs on TB3 - 14 To HD in 2 x 4 disks USB3 towers
*Legacy MacPro 8core Xeons, 32 Go ram, 2 x gtx 980 ti, 3SSDs including RAID
*Resolve Studio everywhere, Fusion Studio too
*https://www.buymeacoffee.com/videorhin

Return to Fusion