Jump to: Board index » General » Fusion

Change the center Point in fusion shortcut Not working

Learn about 3D compositing, animation, broadcast design and VFX workflows.
  • Author

seleemzaid

Change the center Point in fusion shortcut Not working

PostFri Nov 25, 2022 9:30 pm

Hello everyone
I'm trying to change the center point for a Clip in fusion page in transform node
i found a shortcut by pressing keyboard M and left click and drag the center point
but this is not working at all
i looked in shortcut keyboard i couldn't find any shortcut assign to M
in same time i couldn't find how to add a new shortcut to change the center point
Note:
i wanna change the center point so i can rotate or flip according to this center point

Thanks

Sander de Regt

Re: Change the center Point in fusion shortcut Not working

PostSat Nov 26, 2022 1:09 pm

If I recall correctly, this is only the shortcut for moving the center point of a polygon, so you can adjust the center without all the points messing up. I don't think it works for regular transforms and merges etc.
Sander de Regt

ShadowMaker SdR
The Netherlands

bentheanimator

PostSun Nov 27, 2022 4:42 am

Changing the center point of a transform node is tricky. It's not terribly efficient to do and doesn't really give you the outcome that it should. You can grab the "x" anchor point and move it around manually once it's no longer sitting directly under the transform gizmo. Which means you have to fidget with the numbers, then go do what you mean.

Something I've been doing lately is creating two transform nodes automatically. The first named 'center' and the second 'transform'. Use the first to move your media into place where you want it's center to be and the second to move it's position relative to what ever else.

This way you can grab the xf gizmo and move it around like every other programs made. The anchor point as it stands sucks because to move the footage you still have to grab the gizmo, which can be a long way away from where you want the center to be. The double Xf node setup fixes that annoyance.

The cool thing about Fusion is that even if parts of your media is off the canvas, it hasn't been cropped so you can still use it down stream without worrying about clipping.
Resolve & Fusion Studio 18.6.5
Windows 10
Intel Xeon CPU 2699A @ 2.40GHz | 128GB RAM | 2xRTX3090 | 512NVME System | 8TB NMVE Scratch | 80TB 8Gbps Fiber

MacOS 12.7.2
MacBook Pro 13,3 | 16GB | Radeon 460 4GB | 256GB System | 256GB Scratch

Sander de Regt

PostSun Nov 27, 2022 9:44 am

If you check out the tutorial I made, I think the last or the bonus tip deals with the x and the + sharing the same position initially. TL:DR version: you can press the TAB key to cycle through the on-screen widgets to make them active.

Sander de Regt

ShadowMaker SdR
The Netherlands

bentheanimator

PostSun Nov 27, 2022 4:50 pm

Awesome. Never knew the bonus tip. Thanks. Five years of using this program and still little things pop up. Fusion 9 really set the bar for hidden features. It seemed like everything had a right click or alt+key option to it.
Resolve & Fusion Studio 18.6.5
Windows 10
Intel Xeon CPU 2699A @ 2.40GHz | 128GB RAM | 2xRTX3090 | 512NVME System | 8TB NMVE Scratch | 80TB 8Gbps Fiber

MacOS 12.7.2
MacBook Pro 13,3 | 16GB | Radeon 460 4GB | 256GB System | 256GB Scratch

Return to Fusion