Jump to: Board index » General » Fusion

Missing Files - How to Reconnect Multiple Clips

Learn about 3D compositing, animation, broadcast design and VFX workflows.
  • Author

NorthVS

Missing Files - How to Reconnect Multiple Clips

PostMon Mar 27, 2023 8:02 am

Hi,

I'm trying to open an archived project which is on a different drive than when it was created. Fusion therefore cannot find the source clips and files, is there a way to tell Fusion where the project folder is so that it can reconnect all the files?

I have many clips in multiple shots so a solution would be a massive time saver.

Thanks,
N

magirouard

Re: Missing Files - How to Reconnect Multiple Clips

PostMon Mar 27, 2023 3:35 pm

Hi,

You can and it's really convenient. You just have to click on the the chain button on the top left of the program. When media are offline, it will appear red.

When you click on it, you have to find the new location folder. Most of the time you don't have to be precise you can just select the main folder, but sometime you'll have to be specific on the folder that really contain your footage.

It's also easier if the new folder is arrange the same way than the original one, with the same number of folders, and all organise like before.

Sander de Regt

PostMon Mar 27, 2023 3:46 pm

Are you referring to Fusion or Fusion in Resolve? I have never heard of a chain button inside of Fusion.
I don't know what program the OP was referring to.

But if you install Reactor and then look for the Eyeon Legacy scripts and install those, there is a repath script in there that will let you wel... remap your paths to where you need them to be.

If you start here, you will be able to sort things out quite quickly

https://www.steakunderwater.com/wesuckl ... php?t=1775
Sander de Regt

ShadowMaker SdR
The Netherlands

Sam Steti

PostWed Mar 29, 2023 7:57 am

Hey

Yes Sander, I think you're right, she's referring to the Fusion tab of Resolve, therefore the chain button is actually within Resolve and is not meant to work with the Fusion tab only I guess...

But hey, not being in front of it 5Fu Studio) here, you think searching with a "paths" word will easily lead me to it in Reactor ?
Because that's what I what trying to fix yesterday :o : I was preparing clean Fusion comp files, with around 7-8 different 3D obj or fbx files - one 3D object per comp - to be able to pop them out whenever needed. Imagine when you have to relink diffuse, normals, specularity, and anything to bump maps files and finally to a cook torrance or blinn node when any path is broken !

Very frustrating when you know where all the files are gathered and stored but have to do it one by one :roll:
(and that's because I can't bake them in Blender for example, where I'd like them to be deeply and steadfast linked not to be forced to relink whatsoever)

So thank you for the input
*MacMini M1 16 Go - Ext nvme SSDs on TB3 - 14 To HD in 2 x 4 disks USB3 towers
*Legacy MacPro 8core Xeons, 32 Go ram, 2 x gtx 980 ti, 3SSDs including RAID
*Resolve Studio everywhere, Fusion Studio too
*https://www.buymeacoffee.com/videorhin

Return to Fusion