Jump to: Board index » General » Fusion

Stuck on a tutorial trying to mask out a logo…

Learn about 3D compositing, animation, broadcast design and VFX workflows.
  • Author

DRmakesMeRage

Stuck on a tutorial trying to mask out a logo…

PostThu Mar 30, 2023 3:31 am

Every tutorial on YouTube sucks garbanzo beans. Anyways, following this tutorial:
and in fusion when I polygon a separate part of the logo that’s supposed to be a different color, I go edit that background and glow color under a new set of nodes and it changes it for the entire project! Why????

I also can’t see the project at all when I drag the media out into the viewer. Only time I see my line of work is in the individual background nodes. They don’t even show them together even when used with a merger. I’m so lost.

Sander de Regt

Re: Stuck on a tutorial trying to mask out a logo…

PostThu Mar 30, 2023 7:58 am

I can imagine it's daunting when starting out.
Without knowing which node you connected to which node, it's hard to give you advice.
If it works in the tutorial you have to follow those steps exactly and it will work.
I see you're relatively new to the forum, so you won't be able to attach images or URLs for your first couple of posts. But what you *can* do is select the nodes you have and copy them, then open this forum, create a post, press the 'code' button and paste the nodes between the [ code ] [ / code ] tags. This will let us reproduce your comp, so we can see what you've tried so far.
Sander de Regt

ShadowMaker SdR
The Netherlands

DRmakesMeRage

Re: Stuck on a tutorial trying to mask out a logo…

PostThu Mar 30, 2023 6:00 pm

Thanks for reaching out! When I copy/paste the nodes in the code prompt it says my message is too long to send. I'm not sure if I'm doing it right or the project is too big? Anyways, I'll try to have you get an understanding of my project if that helps at all? Hopefully it looks the same as I typed it when I send it. Things have been frustrating to say the least but learning new things each time even if I don't get an end result. Sure things will get easier once I understand the general concept of things. Thanks!

EDIT: Fusion has been very weird lately. I constantly have to disconnect/ re-connect nodes for my polys to show up. Now from merge 2 and up my glow effect won't display... https://imgur.com/a/sKBKy2V

Polygon6 (1-6 stacked)
|
Background1
|
Glow1
| (same thing above merge2 node but polygons outline different part of image) |
MediaIn1--Merge1------------------merge2--------------MediaOut1

Return to Fusion