Jump to: Board index » General » Fusion

Develop Fuse tool

Learn about 3D compositing, animation, broadcast design and VFX workflows.
  • Author

yangcheng

Develop Fuse tool

PostSat Dec 07, 2019 4:07 am

I’m writing to ask a question about the output restrictions of Fusion 9. Because of restrictions of the Saver output node, it’s unable to render higher than 4K in Fusion 9. Therefore, we write a Fuse output node ourselves as an alternation to the pre-installed Saver node in Fusion. In this way, we can transmit the image through the new nodes to the disk and the output can be higher than 4K resolution. This node will not change anything to the Fusion software itself. Is it allowed for us to do so? Besides, may I sell this node or use it for commercial purposes?

yangcheng

Re: Develop Fuse tool

PostThu Dec 12, 2019 4:23 am

Is anyone can reply my answer? Look forward to your help. Thank you.

Frank Engel

Re: Develop Fuse tool

PostFri Dec 13, 2019 1:57 pm

I'm not sure that anyone at the company would be too happy about that even if it was technically allowed...

Consider however that the free standalone version of Fusion was dropped with version 16 so this is only useful to people running the previous free version which is not going to be updated (unless it would work on the version of Fusion inside Resolve?).

Given that the entire purpose is to work around an intentional limitation of the free version of the software and that it will not be as efficient or convenient as simply buying the license to use the paid version which does not have this same limitation, I question how many users are likely to be interested in purchasing this anyway?

$300 is not a lot to ask for software of this nature (it is the same price as FCPX which is more limited in what it can do than Resolve is and does not include Motion or anything even close to what Fusion offers), and if you get the Fusion Studio dongle license it works with version 9 and 16 Studio plus the most recent versions of Resolve; if you get the Resolve Studio dongle license (not the key) it works with Fusion Studio 16 as well as a bunch of versions of Resolve Studio.

Return to Fusion