Jump to: Board index » General » Fusion

[ Feature request ] tool like Nuke's Reconcile3D

Learn about 3D compositing, animation, broadcast design and VFX workflows.
  • Author

Todd Groves

[ Feature request ] tool like Nuke's Reconcile3D

PostFri Jan 03, 2020 8:24 pm

I think it would be great if Fusion had a tool that worked like Nuke's Reconcile3D. In Nuke, this enables you to take a 3D point in space from the Camera Tracker and place a card, and or attach a Paint or Roto node to a 2D track created from the Reconcile3D node.

There is also the PointsTo3D node in Nuke, where you plug in the Camera from a Camera Tracker and the Plate, and it analyzes the information. You get XYZ information to use to place a Card, as well as 2D and 3D tracking information.

If there are already techniques and tools like that in Fusion, please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

Todd

Sander de Regt

Re: [ Feature request ] tool like Nuke's Reconcile3D

PostFri Jan 03, 2020 8:43 pm

I am not sure if it's a one to one translation, but as far as I can tell you can most of this in Fusion right now. If you have a point from a point cloud inside of Fusion's 3D world you can right-click it and add 3D cards right there, but you can also add something called a 'locator' (or you can add one manually from the 3D menu). These are special points that will provide their position in 2D space when you feed it the 3D camera. This information can then be used to drive the 2D transformations of transforms, merges etc.

If you have a concrete example, get in touch through PM and I'll walk you through it.
Sander de Regt

ShadowMaker SdR
The Netherlands

Todd Groves

Re: [ Feature request ] tool like Nuke's Reconcile3D

PostFri Jan 03, 2020 9:29 pm

Sander de Regt wrote:I am not sure if it's a one to one translation, but as far as I can tell you can most of this in Fusion right now. If you have a point from a point cloud inside of Fusion's 3D world you can right-click it and add 3D cards right there, but you can also add something called a 'locator' (or you can add one manually from the 3D menu). These are special points that will provide their position in 2D space when you feed it the 3D camera. This information can then be used to drive the 2D transformations of transforms, merges etc.

If you have a concrete example, get in touch through PM and I'll walk you through it.

Thanks, Sander. I'll look into those "locators".

Return to Fusion