Jump to: Board index » General » Fusion

Dude, where's my node graph?

Learn about 3D compositing, animation, broadcast design and VFX workflows.
  • Author

Reginald56

Dude, where's my node graph?

PostFri Jan 10, 2020 9:47 pm

I prepped another element to add my node graph and now I can't find it. What's the trick to opening a preexisting node graph?

Saad Shah

Re: Dude, where's my node graph?

PostSun Jan 12, 2020 4:54 pm

When working in the Fusion tab of DaVinci Resolve suit, Fusion will reference your video project with the aid of a Fusion composition on the video timeline on the Edit page. So if you park your playhead on this Fusion Composition and then switch to the Fusion page, you will see your node graph. If you move your playhead away from your Fusion Comp on the Edit page, and then go into the Fusion page, you wont see your nodes.

To find your node graph, you need to find the Fusion Composition on the edit page and your playhead must be on it. As long as you didnt delete the Fusion Composition from the timeline in the Edit page, you havent lost anything. But if you delete it, you will lose all your nodes.

Personally, whenever I am creating a mograph element in the Fusion tab, I copy and paste my nodes in a simple text file and keep a backup of all my work. The files will be tiny in size, and you can copy and paste into your node graph whenever you need to.

Hope that helps!
Sadi
Youtube Channel: Gargoyles At Work

Reginald56

Re: Dude, where's my node graph?

PostMon Jan 13, 2020 8:19 pm

That helps, thanks!

Return to Fusion