Jump to: Board index » General » Fusion

Import Fusion and Compund compositions in others timeline

Learn about 3D compositing, animation, broadcast design and VFX workflows.
  • Author

mr_Fonzie

Import Fusion and Compund compositions in others timeline

PostThu Feb 06, 2020 10:09 pm

Hi everybody, I'm New to Davinci, I think that is an amazing program, I'm using the free version now.

Anyway, I'm realizing some projects and I'm using a lot fusion for creating things, every time I should start a new thing with Fusion, I import in the timeline a solid Black Color, then with right button, I transform it in a New Compound Composition or in a Fusion Clip and from now I switch to the fusion view and I start to add nodes for creating what I want.
Now the problem is that, if I try to bring that clip to another timeline or i try to import the same clip (fusion or compound) from the media Pool in the same timeline, these imported clips results empty.

Now the real question is: How can I bring what I create with Fusion in a Clip to another Timeline? Am I using Fusion not in the correct way?

Thanks at everybody for the answers.

Saad Shah

Re: Import Fusion and Compund compositions in others timelin

PostSat Feb 08, 2020 4:32 pm

An easy way to use a Fusion composition in different projects and timelines is to copy and paste the nodes. Nodes in the Fusion flow can be copied and pasted into a simple text file. You can save the text file; you can make Fusion templates and Fusion macros as well.
Say you made a lower third animation in Fusion, and now you want to use that Fusion clip in other projects in DaVinci Resolve Edit page. Just create a new Fusion clip in your second project, go to Fusion and paste in the text code.

This tutotrial might be helpful to you.

Regards
Sadi
Youtube Channel: Gargoyles At Work

mr_Fonzie

Re: Import Fusion and Compund compositions in others timelin

PostMon Mar 02, 2020 3:51 pm

[quote=" This tutotrial might be helpful to you.
Sadi[/quote]

Thanks!

Return to Fusion