Jump to: Board index » General » Fusion

When planar tracking, image deteriorates on Render3D node.

Learn about 3D compositing, animation, broadcast design and VFX workflows.
  • Author

Dave Andrade

When planar tracking, image deteriorates on Render3D node.

PostThu Feb 27, 2020 2:59 pm

This is in Fusion, within Resolve.

I successfully tracked a scene, used planar transform, and "attached" footage to that track.

It follows the scene perfectly. My issue is when I view the image in the left viewer (by itself), it looks great, and detailed.

When in the right viewer, composited into the scene, it is MUCH less detailed. Admittedly, it was large (4k, same as the footage), so I did scale down and move into Z space. But I don't understand why it would be....blurry?

It's as if it was a small jpg that was up-scaled. (if that makes sense) - I am not at my machine right now, so I can't provide an example. I also have tried different renderers. I am using an image plane, and when I pull THAT up in the viewer, the footage STILL looks detailed. It is when it goes into the Render3D that it looks different, and "worse". Ideas?

Kel Philm

Re: When planar tracking, image deteriorates on Render3D nod

PostThu Feb 27, 2020 6:50 pm

Have you tried viewing the output in the left viewer? Maybe the viewer settings in the right are different? Does the Render node have lower resolution settings?

Sander de Regt

PostThu Feb 27, 2020 9:15 pm

I'm confused. How did a planar track/planar transform (a 2D tool) end up in a Render 3D node?
Nothing you write here makes technical sense. Can you elaborate a little?
Sander de Regt

ShadowMaker SdR
The Netherlands

Dave Andrade

PostFri Feb 28, 2020 4:08 pm

Sander de Regt, that was the issue. (3D/2D)

I don't know why I was doing it that way, but upon revisiting it - I realized my error and it's a moot point now. Your confusion was warranted :)

Kel Philm, that had never crossed my mind. Future reference, I'll be sure to check that. I usually never adjust that, but it would be a good place to look in case I were to change that unintentionally.

Return to Fusion