Jump to: Board index » General » Fusion

Blue/Red Fusion cache rendering lines. Disappeared?

Learn about 3D compositing, animation, broadcast design and VFX workflows.
  • Author

rsf123

Blue/Red Fusion cache rendering lines. Disappeared?

PostSun Mar 29, 2020 3:56 am

I refer to the blue Fusion rendering lines that indicate that the Fusion effects have been rendered in the background, while the red lines indicates not yet processed.

fus.jpg
fus.jpg (79.96 KiB) Viewed 1643 times

I notice that each time I open the Project, these blue lines have to render from scratch. Now, I could understand re-rendering happening if I modified the timeline or effects. But just closing and reopening a Project makes the Fusion render lines start from scratch.

How come the Fusion renders are not stored in some cache file, as is the case with optimised media being stored in a cache file?

I use a slow computer, and it would help if I could avoid this need to render the Fusion effects each time I open a Project.

I'm using Fusion inside Davinci Resolve 15.3.1
Last edited by rsf123 on Thu Apr 16, 2020 4:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Saad Shah

Re: Blue/Red Fusion cache rendering lines. How avoid re-doin

PostMon Mar 30, 2020 1:32 am

I am not the expert on this subject, but I think you are referring to the RAM preview or RAM caching? so those red lines turn blue when the program has cached the composition for viewing or rendering - for that project - for that session. I believe a RAM cache is exactly that, its just processed and sitting on your RAM. And random access memory is faster than disk but fickle and forgetful. :)

I dont think that preview will remain saved and available once you exit the program or restart your computer. I think what you are looking for is cache to disk type of functionality. Sorry I am not sure how that works. But then, I have never needed it either.
Youtube Channel: Gargoyles At Work

rsf123

Re: Blue/Red Fusion cache rendering lines. How avoid re-doin

PostThu Apr 16, 2020 4:18 am

Usually the blue/red lines are there. But I must have done something, because the blue/red lines have disappeared.

Is there a setting that turns on and off the blue/red lines?

I find the blue/red lines useful as an indication of whether the Fusion clip has rendered.

BCSteeve

Re: Blue/Red Fusion cache rendering lines. Disappeared?

PostSat Aug 06, 2022 2:20 am

So I don't think this person's question was ever answered, and now I have the same issue.

Those red/blue lines were there, and now they're not. I probably hit some hotkey that toggles them. Anyone know what that would be?

Return to Fusion