Jump to: Board index » General » Fusion

Fusion Keyframes window

Learn about 3D compositing, animation, broadcast design and VFX workflows.
  • Author

fruid_

Fusion Keyframes window

PostFri Apr 03, 2020 1:58 pm

hello all,

first a quick question: in the fusion keyframes window, what do the little arrows mean next to the different clips?

Now to the big issue I'm having.
I had a fusion composition working fine but I tried to move around the database and cache folder and the linked files. I ended up having offline media and other issues so I decided to remove the fusion composition from the davinci timeline and adding it again.
That apparently was huge mistake – and I saved it!

Now this fusion composition just gets a default length which is much shorter than what I had before. Now the clips stop before the keyframes even take place, naturally causing a lot of errors in the warnings panel like
Code: Select all
MediaOut1 cannot get Parameter for Input at time 30
and at all the other "times" as well.

I tried to fix it by using a backuped version of the same file but that turned out to be pointless, Now I was ready to re-do what's necessary and solve the length issue manually. This however seems to not work either, I'm trying to drag the clips to reach a length that would enclose all the keyframes. That doesn't work, I can't seem to drag the end i.e. make the clips longer, only make them start later (I mean the onset of the clips I can move to a later time but not the end). All I'm getting is these little arrows as mentioned above.

What am I not getting? General question: could the software have some bugs? I think to have noticed that when sometimes something doesn't work, when I restart the software it does, making me think it's a bug. That is particularly hard to tell and often times frustrating when you're knew to the software and you're getting to know it by trial and error.

Could it be my mac that isn't powerful enough? What would be ideal or minimum requirements for DaVinci Resolve 16.2.0.054 and Fusion to work nicely?

Many questions, I know, any help and advice is appreciated.
Have a good day and stay save.
fruid
Attachments
Screenshot 2020-04-03 at 15.57.23.png
these little arrows
Screenshot 2020-04-03 at 15.57.23.png (21.35 KiB) Viewed 712 times

xunile

Re: Fusion Keyframes window

PostFri Apr 03, 2020 4:01 pm

This has been discussed in other threads, see if this one helps explain it.
https://forum.blackmagicdesign.com/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=107932
Win 10 Home | Intel i7 - 10700f 64 GB 1 TB GB SSD 2 TB SSD
RTX-3060 12 GB | Resolve Studio 18.6.6| Fusion Studio 18.6.6

Win 10 Home | Intel Core I7-7700HQ 32 GB 1 TB NVME SSD 1 TB SATA SSD
GTX-1060-6GB | Resolve 17.4.6

Return to Fusion