Jump to: Board index » General » Fusion

Fusion changing clip size

Learn about 3D compositing, animation, broadcast design and VFX workflows.
  • Author

matias842003

Fusion changing clip size

PostTue May 19, 2020 9:12 pm

I'm trying to do motion tracking on a video clip, I bring it into fusion and it zooms out a bit, and when I bring it back in to edit it stays that way, anyone else has this problem? How can I fix it?

brunocbreis

Re: Fusion changing clip size

PostTue May 19, 2020 10:17 pm

There are a few different ways to bring a clip into Fusion from other parts of Resolve.

From your post, I'm guessing you took the "putting the playhead over the clip and going to the Fusion tab" route. When you do it this way, it temporarily cancels out everything you did to that clip on the edit page and brings into fusion the original source clip from the media pool. So my guess is you probably zoomed in a little on the clip in the Inspector on the edit page, and then went into Fusion. The thing is, the edit page effects are processed AFTER whatever you did in Fusion, so you can apply all of your vfx work and then do some basic adjustments later if you need to.

A way to avoid that and thus input to Fusion whatever you see in the edit page (meaning you will commit to any transforms or trims you did to the original clip before editing it in fusion) is to right click on the clip on the timeline and select "new fusion composition" (or "create fusion composition", something like that). THEN you go to the Fusion tab. Whatever you did to the video before will have made it into a new clip which became MediaIn1 in your Fusion comp. This way, you'll have no surprises when you come back to the Edit page.

The thing about this method is all of the color page effects you later add to that clip will be applied AFTER the Fusion comp output. If you want to change the color of the original clip, you will have to (in the Edit page) right click the Fusion composition you created and select "open in timeline". Then you can edit that clip's color and it'll change the input in your Fusion comp.

I think that'll solve your problem – if not, i'll need more details to be able to help you :)

matias842003

Re: Fusion changing clip size

PostTue May 19, 2020 11:58 pm

Thanks, yes, I found that I had to create a fusion clip for it not to happen, I was just clicking the clip and then the fusion tab, now I know what I did wrong, thanks again.

Return to Fusion