Jump to: Board index » General » Fusion

Need help with a script in Fusion

Learn about 3D compositing, animation, broadcast design and VFX workflows.
  • Author

willgibbonsdesign

• Warnings: 1

Need help with a script in Fusion

PostSat Sep 12, 2020 5:46 pm

Hi.

I'm trying to create a simple animated counter (with the text+ node in Fusion) that goes up over time (lots of tutorials out there on this), but the font I'm using changes the character positions when 9 becomes 10. I need the individual digits to not move left to right for numbers between 000-999.

My solution was to create a counter that goes from 0-9, then just duplicate it 2 times and reposition it. For the first and second digits, I would use the floor function to ensure that these numbers only increase at a base of 10 or 100.

The only part I'm stuck at is how I can create a loop. I'm completely new to scripting, so I don't really have the experience to troubleshoot this or search for an answer anywhere else.

How can I have the text loop/repeat from 0-9? Is there not possible for some reason? I was just using the time function, so that the text would display the current frame. Maybe that's what's limiting me?

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

willgibbonsdesign

• Warnings: 1

Re: Need help with a script in Fusion

PostMon Sep 14, 2020 6:16 pm

Alright, so I'm replying to say I found a solution that worked. I had to use a mod operator (%10) to convert the number to a decimal then display the remainder as the whole number.

Return to Fusion