Jump to: Board index » General » Fusion

Nodes turned back on?

Learn about 3D compositing, animation, broadcast design and VFX workflows.
  • Author

foot.pounds

Nodes turned back on?

PostTue Sep 15, 2020 3:08 pm

VERY NEW to Fusion/Davinci

happy to be back with nodes after a long hiatus from "my" Flame!

but wth (that "h" is for heck...)? while editing, i can go in and turn off all my text nodes in a fusion project, go back into editing, and in an instant or two, the nodes are all back on...

i can also go into and completely disconnect the fusion project. connecting my "media in" to my "media out", bypassing the rest of the nodes. Go back into editing... and the changes i made in fusion have been reversed and the nodes are all connected once again to the main pipeline.

this happens if i just buzz along after the changes, or if'n i save after each modification to the fusion project....

go back into Edit and all my text once again appears in my project...

very confusing to my tiny bird like brain. i am easily confused and dazzled by sparkling lights and smoke... and i am quite certain i have completely missed something very fundamental so i do apologize!

just hoping someone can lay a dork-smack on me and send me in the right direction... i just wanted to "shut off" the Fusion project for a minute or two to work on the edit without the GFX in the way!

TIA!

Sander de Regt

Re: Nodes turned back on?

PostTue Sep 15, 2020 3:12 pm

I don't know why the changes you make don't stick, but to solve this part...
just hoping someone can lay a dork-smack on me and send me in the right direction... i just wanted to "shut off" the Fusion project for a minute or two to work on the edit without the GFX in the way!

... you can go into the edit page and on the top right of the timeline viewer there's a sparkly rainbow. If you click that, you temporarily bypass all grading and Fusion effects, so you can focus on the edit.
Sander de Regt

ShadowMaker SdR
The Netherlands

foot.pounds

Re: Nodes turned back on?

PostTue Sep 15, 2020 3:21 pm

Thank You Sander!

Return to Fusion