Jump to: Board index » General » Fusion

Frames on tools in Fusion keep shortening

Learn about 3D compositing, animation, broadcast design and VFX workflows.
  • Author

Lychon

Frames on tools in Fusion keep shortening

PostSat Nov 21, 2020 5:02 am

Hello- every time I restart Da Vinci Resolve, the frames on the MediaIn/MediaOut/Merge "toolboxes" in Fusion keep shortening (for various media files that have had Fusion effects applied to them). I correct this by copy/pasting (or just creating) a MediaIn toolbox anew and deleting the previous MediaIn toolbox, but upon restarting Da Vinci Resolve, the same problem occurs (the frames for these three toolboxes shorten, resulting in the media file glitching out or disappearing prematurely in playback, since the frames do not line up properly).

I've added two screen captures to illustrate the difference; the first is with the problem (notice the "219" frames vs what it should be, i.e., "237").

The second is the corrected version: notice how the MediaIn, MediaOut, and Merge all have 237 frames and line up perfectly with the other tools. As soon as I save and restart Da Vinci Resolve, they all go back to 219 frames.

Does anyone know what the issue is? Thank you.
Attachments
Fusion1.PNG
First
Fusion1.PNG (75.66 KiB) Viewed 88 times
Fusion2.PNG
Second
Fusion2.PNG (75.37 KiB) Viewed 88 times

Lychon

Re: Frames on tools in Fusion keep shortening

PostSat Nov 28, 2020 8:03 pm

Anyone with suggestions on this? The issue is that I want to align all of the frames (e.g., all to have 237), but Fusion won't let me extend the nodes that have 219. This seems like a quick fix, but I have not been able to get around it.

Edit: Never mind- I guess if I extend and then shorten the underlying media file in the Edit Tab, Fusion will allow me to adjust the frames for the various nodes.

Return to Fusion