Jump to: Board index » General » Fusion

Fusion 17 Blacklist for OFX plugin not working

Learn about 3D compositing, animation, broadcast design and VFX workflows.
  • Author

freshtc

Fusion 17 Blacklist for OFX plugin not working

PostSun Nov 29, 2020 1:47 pm

I've installed Fusion 17 Beta 2 on my PC and Fusion is still trying to load an OFX plugin even though I added it to the Plugins17.blocklist file. The orig file had "Nil" in it & I replaced it with the path to OFX plugin that previously was working in Fusion 16 FusionOFX.blacklist.

I still get an OFX plugin failed to load when I run Fusion & checking back at the blackliist file, I see the contents I put in are gone & "Nil' is back in it. I tried making the blacklist file Read-Only & while my updatd contents are retained...I'm still getting OFX plugin failure popup on Launch.
I also tried placing the orig FusionOFX.blacklist from V16 into the Profiles\Default folder with no success.
Has the procedure changed or is this a new bug?

cjadams

Re: Fusion 17 Blacklist for OFX plugin not working

PostFri Jan 08, 2021 7:31 pm

Same here.. very annoying..!

BCC_OFX_3D_Objects.ofx is Crashing Fusion Studio. - Snce we cannot BLOCK plugins without removing it from Resolve as well. what is to be done?

i understand you don’t Support Fusion Studio. but IT does work in Resolve / FusionTAB… However IT also sadly BLOCKS StandAlone Fusion from even Running!

I did try a block list file no luck. it still loads!

avclubvids

PostSat Jan 09, 2021 4:41 am

Try changing the name of the file from "FusionOFX.blacklist" to "FusionOFX.blocklist"

cjadams

PostSat Jan 09, 2021 4:53 pm

no good still tries to load the ofx plugin..

John Tiefenbrunner

PostFri Feb 26, 2021 10:22 am

avclubvids wrote:Try changing the name of the file from "FusionOFX.blacklist" to "FusionOFX.blocklist"

This worked for me!
I had it named "FusionOFX.blacklist" before (with an "a"), as most posts referred to it that way - no luck, Fusion still was trying to load all the plugin listed there.

After renaming it to "FusionOFX.blocklist" (with an "o") it finally worked - Fusion did not try to load the plugins listed in that file anymore.

So the full path of that file on macOS is:
Code: Select all
~/Library/Application Support/Blackmagic Design/Fusion/Profiles/Default/FusionOFX.blocklist

(where "~" stands for your User Home folder)

The plugins must be listed with their full path, one per line - so e.g. for Red Giant Carousel:
/Library/OFX/Plugins/Red Giant Universe/Universe_Stylize_Carousel_OFX_Fx.ofx.bundle

Thx @ avclubvids!

J.

pinthenet

PostWed Mar 03, 2021 8:47 am

Does anyone know how this should be setup for Windows Fusion 17?
I found what I think is the equivalent folder
C:\Users\John\AppData\Roaming\Blackmagic Design\DaVinci Resolve\Support\Fusion\Profiles\Default
and found there was already a file "Plugins17.blocklist" containing one line: 'Nil'
I changed this to match the plugin I wanted to block
C:\Program Files\Common Files\OFX\Plugins\NewBlueFX\Essentials.ofx.bundle
with & without quotes, but no luck.
I copied the file to FusionOFX.blocklist but the OFX still wasn't ignored.
i7-6700K 4GHz/32GB/GTX1660Ti 6GB
Windows 10 Pro: NVIDIA 461.72 Studio; Resolve 17b6 Studio; Fusion 17b6 Studio
i7-4770K 3.5GHz/32GB/GTX1660 6GB/
Windows10 Pro: NVIDIA 461.72 Game; Resolve 17b6 Studio; Fusion 17b6 Studio

John Tiefenbrunner

PostWed Mar 03, 2021 10:18 am

The "Plugins17.blocklist" seems to be dynamically generated by Fusion (I also tried to put the plugin paths in there and after the next launch of Fusion it again had just the "nil" in there).

So it definitely is the "FusionOFX.blocklist" file that's needed.

You said "I copied the file to FusionOFX.blocklist" - did you make sure it at that point still had the right content?

I would recommend creating the FusionOFX.blocklist from scratch with Notepad or some other plain text editor (to make sure there's no formatting involved), enter the full path of to the plugin (without quotes) and try again.

pinthenet

PostWed Mar 03, 2021 1:04 pm

I just realised I was changinf the Davinci Resolve blocklist and not the Standalone Fusion blocklist, which is in "C:\Users\John\AppData\Roaming\Blackmagic Design\Fusion\Profiles\Default\Plugins17.blocklist"!
It also has quite a different format - this is the initial content:
{
   { "C:/Program Files/Blackmagic Design/Fusion 17/Plugins/Blackmagic/openexr.plugin", 0 },
   { "C:/Program Files/Blackmagic Design/Fusion 17/Plugins/Blackmagic/cinemaraw.plugin", 0 }
}
which I changed to
{
   { "C:/Program Files/Blackmagic Design/Fusion 17/Plugins/Blackmagic/openexr.plugin", 0 },
   { "C:/Program Files/Blackmagic Design/Fusion 17/Plugins/Blackmagic/cinemaraw.plugin", 0 },
   { "C:/Program Files/Common Files/OFX/Plugins/NewBlueFX/Essentials.ofx.bundle", 0 }
}
(Notice '/', not '\'), but it still doesn't work. I also made a "FusionOFX.blocklist" copy but that also doesn't work, maybe I need to use a different prameter than 0? I guess I'll just have to live with the Popup when I start Fusion (or uninstall the plugin - it's not so good anyway)

John Tiefenbrunner

PostWed Mar 03, 2021 1:42 pm

For me it worked with simply stating the full path for each plugin I want ignored per line. No curly braces, no quotes, no parameters. Simply the full path, one per line.

But that was the file "FusionOFX.blocklist" for Fusion 17, not Resolve, and on Mac.

Does your file for Resolve really work for the OpenEXR and the CinemaRAW plugin? Are at least those really not loaded?

J.

pinthenet

PostWed Mar 03, 2021 2:02 pm

It looks like the Windows installation is quite different to Mac. The 2 plugin files listed in the default Plugins17.blocklist don't actually exist (the cinemaraw.plugin is in a subfolder). As they are part of the Fusion 17 installation and the blocklist is in the Fusion 17 path I assume this won't affect Resolve.

John Tiefenbrunner

PostWed Mar 03, 2021 2:42 pm

Holy crap! I just tried it on my MacBook Pro (on which I still have Fusion 16) and it did not work either!!!

I changed the name to "FusionOFX.blacklist" (from "...blocklist" with an O to "...blacklist" with an A) and it worked....

Initially I did it on my Mac Pro with Fusion 17. I will check again with Fusion 17 when I'm back at my MP if it really is different in 17 or if I'm just stupid...

J.

pinthenet

PostWed Mar 03, 2021 3:06 pm

How disappointing - it doesn't work for me. I tried FusionOFX.blacklist & Plugins17.blackist without success. I also removed the existing OFX entries, also no luck, not even an error trying to load the unblocked plugins. If I try to edit/save FusionOFX.blocklist while Fusion is running I gaet an error when saving so FUsion must have the file open?

I think I'll give up

Amir Sharafeh

PostSat Apr 03, 2021 9:44 pm

The blocklist in standalone Fusion 17 doesn't work for me when I put a path inside it. I am on Windows 10 and every time I do and save it and come back to it it's stated "nil" again. Has someone made it work on Windows 10?
I went to the standalone Fusion folders to open the blocklist. Not the Davinci one.

UPDATE
I also did an extra step to make sure my file path is inside even when I open Fusion and doesn't come back as "nil".

I right clicked on "Plugins17.blocklist" and went to "properties". I ticked the box "read only".
This changed the behavior of the file where it WON'T come back "nil" but the pop up remains when opening Fusion with "following OFX failed to load..."

BLACKMAGIC DESIGN: Some help would be appreciated.

Return to Fusion