Jump to: Board index » General » Fusion

From Winter to Spring

Learn about 3D compositing, animation, broadcast design and VFX workflows.
  • Author

twhitworth

From Winter to Spring

PostWed Dec 23, 2020 9:08 pm

So I've been trying to find examples of making an in camera winter scene look more like summer or spring. I've seen plenty examples of it in reverse like this video

Frankly the biggest challenge for me would be the bare trees. I can't think of any way to put leaves on trees outside of blender which I can only make a box in currently :D

Q: is there a way to make a shot done during the winter look like it was done in spring using vfx?

Sander de Regt

Re: From Winter to Spring

PostWed Dec 23, 2020 9:15 pm

You've probably hit the nail on the head. There is a reason that these examples are the other way around.
Making something *with* detail, less detailed is doable. If you have something that's wintery (say a snowy landscape) you'll need to invent details to make the transition to springlike conditions.

So if this is the question you're asking but you have no idea how to go about it, that's usually an indication that you're in over your head (at this point in your development).

So the short answer is 'yes, it's probably possible.' The longer answer is 'it's probably possible, but not for you at this particular moment in time.'

But go out and try stuff, and there are lots of people here (or on the wesuckless forum at www.steakunderwater.com) that are more than willing to help you take further steps on the road to vfx mastery!
Sander de Regt

ShadowMaker SdR
The Netherlands

twhitworth

Re: From Winter to Spring

PostSun Dec 27, 2020 9:45 pm

Cool, I'll definitely check that out!

Return to Fusion