Jump to: Board index » General » Fusion

SDK/API for Fusion 17

Learn about 3D compositing, animation, broadcast design and VFX workflows.
  • Author

claude.turcotte

SDK/API for Fusion 17

PostThu Feb 18, 2021 12:05 pm

I want to be able to remotely control the Fusion 17. I would like to use Fusion 17 with my Broadcast automation system to create on-air graphics. This means, being able to create templates including graphics and text areas, and with my application call the graphics, fill the text section play the sequence and stop the sequence. Our automation system can use both Blackmagic Decklink decoder card and AJA.

Bryan Ray

Re: SDK/API for Fusion 17

PostThu Feb 18, 2021 4:36 pm

Alas, the most recent API documentation for Fusion is the Fusion 8 Scripting Guide. It can be found in your Fusion application folder in the Developer sub-folder.

The SDK, if you can persuade Support that it exists, is for the development of native plug-ins. If you want it, you'll need to email Support directly and sign an NDA. It may not be available for v17 yet, since it's still in beta. But you probably don't need it for automation and remote control because if you need a custom node, you can probably create it using the Fuse API, which is even less well-documented than general scripting. Which is to say, there's a reference to a Fuse guide in the scripting docs, but as far as we can tell, it has never existed.

I recommend heading over to steakunderwater.com. That's where the most experienced Fusion TDs hang out, and it's much more well-organized than this forum. We may not know much about the hardware side of your solution, but we can definitely help with the Fusion end!
Bryan Ray
http://www.bryanray.name
http://www.musevfx.com

Chad Capeland

Re: SDK/API for Fusion 17

PostThu Feb 18, 2021 8:01 pm

If there's an NDA, and I'm not saying there is, it would likely prohibit me from telling you that the SDK is worth investigating for your application. But that's just speculation, since the NDA, if it exists, would likely prohibit me from discussing the SDK on the official support forums. But were there no NDA, and you had the SDK, you would likely be able to share with us how useful it is. :mrgreen:
Chad Capeland
Indicated, LLC
www.floweffects.com

Return to Fusion