Jump to: Board index » General » Fusion

Request for Liquify tool in Fusion

Learn about 3D compositing, animation, broadcast design and VFX workflows.
  • Author

Benjamin Round

Request for Liquify tool in Fusion

PostFri Feb 19, 2021 9:37 pm

Hi everyone,

I create digital backgrounds and animations, and something that would be extremely useful is being able to liquify a mesh and push pixels around with a brush as well as set keyframes. Currently, the only way of doing something similar in Fusion is the grid warp effect but it is limited in that you can't paint your distortion. Would love to have a few options here like pushing, twisting & bulging pixels with a brush. This tool is extremely helpful in creating liquify animation.

If there are any other alternatives also would love suggestions,

Jason Conrad

Re: Request for Liquify tool in Fusion

PostSat Feb 20, 2021 7:57 am

If you’re more familiar with the liquify tools in other software, you could always use it, and export a 32bit vector distortion map to use in fusion. There are a few good threads on steakunderwater.com about flow maps where you can find related info.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
-MacBook Pro (14,3) i7 2.9 GHz 16 GB, Intel 630, AMD 560 x1
-[DR 17.0 Beta9]

Sander de Regt

Re: Request for Liquify tool in Fusion

PostSat Feb 20, 2021 1:17 pm

Disclaimer: I have no idea what liquify is.
But if it's localized shifting and warping, then you might want to take a look at the Nudge Macro that's inside of Reactor. It works with a source and a target, so no strokes à la brushes, but you can more or less select a portion of the image and then move it around the image while the rest sort of warps around it.
You can get nice gooey looking results that way and you can use multiple Nudges inline and they will concatenate i.e. putting more of them inline won't harm the quality of the end result.
Sander de Regt

ShadowMaker SdR
The Netherlands

Return to Fusion