Jump to: Board index » General » Fusion

Fusion 17 and Fusion Connect install problems

Learn about 3D compositing, animation, broadcast design and VFX workflows.
  • Author

shredit

Fusion 17 and Fusion Connect install problems

PostTue Apr 06, 2021 5:16 pm

I have a problem that I do not understand and I am hoping for some assistance.
I am running Media Composer 21.3.0 on Big Sur 11.2.3.
I have been using Resolve and love fusion. On my next gig I want to use Fusion Connect inside AVID.
I installed Fusion 17 and the Fusion Connect AVX plugin. In initial testing, it seemed to be working great and I was able to create several effects in Fusion and render them out in the AVID timeline. FUN!

I was interested in switching the hard drive so I could keep all the fusion stuff on a different drive from my internal which was the default. In the AVX effect window in Media Composer, I clicked on "browse for location and changed it to my NVME raid where I want all the media to exist for this project.

Now when I click edit effect in fusion connect effect editor in media composer AVID crashes, or when it does load there is no composition in the Fusion timeline. I have tried browsing to a new location, same problem.

After reading through the manual several times in the Fusion Connect section, I suspected that the paths are somehow not configured correctly. I have tried changing the paths in the "configure path defaults" dialog box in multiple different ways but I cannot get the app to work anymore, it simple causes AVID to crash or when it does load Fusion 17 there is no composition or loader or saver nodes...nothing.

I have been at this for about a day and need some help. Does anyone out there understand what the problem is?

I also tried uninstalling the fusion connect plugin but the old pathways remained and I had the same problems.

From my limited knowledge, it seems like the paths are not configured correctly. What is confusing is that you can configure paths inside Fusion and inside the Fusion Connect and I don't know which takes priority or if they should both be the same or what.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,

Troy Bogert

shredit

Re: Fusion 17 and Fusion Connect install problems

PostFri Apr 09, 2021 2:48 am

Bump...still having same issues...

Jef Huey

Re: Fusion 17 and Fusion Connect install problems

PostFri Nov 12, 2021 9:16 pm

Similar problem.

I am running MC 2021.6 on an iMac with OSX 11.2.3 BigSur and Fusion Studio 17.4.1 build 8. I loaded the latest version of Fusion Connect that I could find. Currently, no IO device.

I click on Edit Effect and nothing happens. The check box does not fill in. Fusion does not auto launch with the auto launch selection made. Nothing happens if I have Fusion started.

I am wondering if this has become an orphan.

Jef

Return to Fusion