Jump to: Board index » General » Fusion

Fusion's totally gone crazy...Not Working Properly

Learn about 3D compositing, animation, broadcast design and VFX workflows.
  • Author

cyberfyber

Fusion's totally gone crazy...Not Working Properly

PostSun Apr 25, 2021 11:54 pm

Everything was going fine until today.

This day began with my attempting a Tracker on a video with no panning with nary any movement within.

Got the "Render did not complete" warning. Tried it again and again.

Took a different direction with other vids I brought in and now, if I'm not being told that the media is offline then I'm seeing a perfect square still shot of the vid with it going blank after about 2 seconds.

Tried everything I could think of including uninstalling 17 and reinstalling.

This all on the night prior to my plan to pick up my order of Studio.

Been working on projects (plain video and fusion) over the past week with nary a hitch. The only oter different thing I did was futz around with the Color tab last night whilst playing about with some vids. As part of a learning process.

Help...
DR 18 Studio
Win 11 / Ryzen 5 5950x / B550 Tomahawk / 128 GB Ram / 2 x m.2 nvme drives / 1 x HDD / 1 x SSD / EVGA 850w / RTX 3070TI

cyberfyber

Re: Fusion's totally gone crazy...Not Working Properly

PostSun Apr 25, 2021 11:57 pm

This is supposed to be a 4k video using my default 1920 x 1080 dimensions for the timeline.
Attachments
Untitled-1.jpg
Untitled-1.jpg (401.88 KiB) Viewed 876 times
DR 18 Studio
Win 11 / Ryzen 5 5950x / B550 Tomahawk / 128 GB Ram / 2 x m.2 nvme drives / 1 x HDD / 1 x SSD / EVGA 850w / RTX 3070TI

cyberfyber

PostMon Apr 26, 2021 1:51 am

Okay, after bit of insanity,

I realized that the Inspector for every clip brought in was showing the exact same name.
The name of a png file I'd brought in for the last fusion project I worked on.

I hit reset for whatever clip I'm focused on and VOILA all is good.

BUT, the same problem recurs with every subsequent clip I bring in...having to hit the reset button.

The MediaID changes each time but DR seeing every clip as if it were a PNG file is a problem.

Any thoughts? Anyone?

Appreciations in advance.
DR 18 Studio

Bryan Ray

PostMon Apr 26, 2021 2:38 am

In your screenshot, the MediaIn has the name MediaIn1_1, indicating that it's a copy.

Is that always the name of your MediaIn node when starting a fresh Fusion comp? If so, I suspect you might have somehow set a default on the tool based on a copy of the PNG, so that it comes in preconfigured with that PNG's traits instead of the media it actually holds. If that's the case, then all you should need to do to fix it is to right-click your MediaIn node, and choose Settings > Reset Default.
Bryan Ray
http://www.bryanray.name
http://www.sidefx.com

cyberfyber

PostMon Apr 26, 2021 2:47 am

Bryan Ray wrote:In your screenshot, the MediaIn has the name MediaIn1_1, indicating that it's a copy.

Is that always the name of your MediaIn node when starting a fresh Fusion comp? If so, I suspect you might have somehow set a default on the tool based on a copy of the PNG, so that it comes in preconfigured with that PNG's traits instead of the media it actually holds. If that's the case, then all you should need to do to fix it is to right-click your MediaIn node, and choose Settings > Reset Default.

Thanks for chiming in Bryan but yeah, I mentioned that in my last post above. 'and it's not just that, one has to reset the Audio as well since it takes up the attributes of the PNG with no audio.
Regarding the MediaIn1_1, that was just a copy. Me repeating things over and over again with varying changes to see what catches.

If you or anyone else has any clue where I can undo that defaulting to the PNG I'd really appreciate it.
It happens with anything I bring in. Vid, Image, anything.
DR 18 Studio

cyberfyber

PostMon Apr 26, 2021 2:52 am

GOT IT!

For that last project, I'd saved a Fusion Setting using that PNG file.

Moved it to a dummy folder, restarted DR and the problem is gone except for the audio. That's now gone missing. Hopefully, I'll figure that one out.
DR 18 Studio

cyberfyber

PostMon Apr 26, 2021 3:01 am

Audio is back after completely deleting my Fusion Template folder.
Not sure if it was just a matter of waiting or if actually deleting the folder is what did it.

IF anyone has pointers to share for me going forward that'd be great. Thx!

Picking up my Studio tomorrow after all now. :)
DR 18 Studio

cyberfyber

PostSun May 02, 2021 7:00 pm

This followup's for anyone unaware as I've been for all this time and in the same bind.

I fixed the Original problem posted above BUT didn't solve certain nodes defaulting to what I had in that file setting I'd saved.

Even after deleting the file, rectangles, pEmitter, turbulence and other nodes kept straying from DR's own default.

Solution:
- Bring in a concerning node
- Set it to that which you wish its default to be at.
- Right click on the node and select: Settings / Save default.

Thereafter, every node of that type will open up with those settings you've chosen.
DR 18 Studio

Return to Fusion