Jump to: Board index » General » Fusion

Used media sometimes ignored / Sound missing in archive

Learn about 3D compositing, animation, broadcast design and VFX workflows.
  • Author

Noukita

Used media sometimes ignored / Sound missing in archive

PostWed Apr 28, 2021 4:23 pm

Hello everyone

I have following two problems:

1)
Media I only use in a Fusion composition will be listed with a "0" (zero/not used) in the media pool, and this is quite weird to me (I think it doesn't make a difference if the Fusion composition itself is put on a timeline or not).

This is really annonying because I only noticed after I had erased some media I though was useless because not used anywhere (which was not the case).

The medias still are on my harddisk, so nothing critical here, but when you want to clean up before you pack an archive of the project or even simply delete the media of your hard disk because you believe it is not used, that could generate quite bad suprises I guess.

2)
I recorded my voice within Resolve with Fairlight (great funtion!) but when I packed an archive because I needed to move the project to another computer, the files (named FL-capture and ending with .pfl or wav) were not packed with the rest of the media into the archive file. Very annonying!

Maybe I do a logical mistake in my workflow for those two problems (I am open to suggestions how to handle it better!), but I just wanted to check if it's only me or if this could be something to optimize for those who adapt the software.

Thanks!
Noukita
Da Vinci Resolve 18.1.2 Build 6
Imac 3.6 GHz 10-Core Intel Core i9
OS Catalina, 10.15.7
AMD Radeon Pro 5700 8 GB

Bryan Ray

Re: Used media sometimes ignored / Sound missing in archive

PostWed Apr 28, 2021 5:22 pm

You ought to post this one in the Resolve forum instead of Fusion. It isn't really anything to do with Fusion itself, even though Fusion is a component of the problem.
Bryan Ray
http://www.bryanray.name
http://www.sidefx.com

Noukita

PostWed Apr 28, 2021 6:13 pm

Hi Bryan,

you're right, I'll do that!

Cheers,
Noukita
Da Vinci Resolve 18.1.2 Build 6
Imac 3.6 GHz 10-Core Intel Core i9
OS Catalina, 10.15.7
AMD Radeon Pro 5700 8 GB

Glenn Sakatch

PostSun May 02, 2021 4:01 pm

Not a solution at all, but with any media management in Resolve, you can't delete anything until you test the result of your media management. It has been buggy for years...do not blindly assume it worked!

I wouldn't blindly assume any programs media manage worked anyway, but especially Resolve.

Do your media management, relocate your original clips...just rename the source folder...and reconnect to your managed media. This will instantly tell you what you are missing.

If you delete media before double checking...that's on you.

Return to Fusion