Jump to: Board index » General » Fusion

Create planar transform issue

Learn about 3D compositing, animation, broadcast design and VFX workflows.
  • Author

Fotoshootprod

Create planar transform issue

PostFri Apr 30, 2021 8:40 pm

Hello everyone,

It's been a while that I have not been using the planar tracker (used it in DR 16). Today, I used it again. I chose the track operation mode, put the 4 points to cover the surface I wanted to track and proceeded with the tracking which happened fine.
When finished I clicked on "Create Planar Transform". It used to create a set of nodes which would be used to track anything. But when I clicked on this button, it just created a grey rectangle in the area where we create nodes. I can't find any new nodes created to track objects or text. And when I create a text node and connect it to the planar tracker node, the text does not show.
I have attached a snapshot of what I have. Could someone helped me?
I looked on YouTube and other places but nowhere it is mentioned.

Thanks

Jean Jacques Fabien
Attachments
Capture d’écran 2021-05-01 à 00.27.57.jpg
Snapshot of screen after clicking on create planar transform button
Capture d’écran 2021-05-01 à 00.27.57.jpg (813.31 KiB) Viewed 750 times

birdseye

Re: Create planar transform issue

PostSat May 01, 2021 9:54 am

You may have little success if you try to track that reflective surface with a planar tracker. You might be able to grab the L shape top of the surrounding wall but point trackers, on features that don't shift because of the reflected light, might be your best option.

Fotoshootprod

Re: Create planar transform issue

PostSat May 01, 2021 10:49 am

Thanks for the input. Actually, this video was just an exemple I used to show that the "create planar transform" button was behaving oddly. As you can see on the photo, there is a dark rectangle which appeared after clicking on the button while it should have created a set of nodes.
That's my issue.

Kind regards

Return to Fusion