Jump to: Board index » General » Fusion

Cannot Import File to Fusion (in Resolve)

Learn about 3D compositing, animation, broadcast design and VFX workflows.
  • Author

skipbaker

Cannot Import File to Fusion (in Resolve)

PostMon May 10, 2021 1:36 pm

Hello! I'm new and using Resolve 17 on macOS Big Sur. I'm unable to import an SVG the way I see it working for others. When I select the command (Fusion > Import > SVG), I get the following dialog box instead of the standard file manager (macOS Finder, like Windows Explorer).

Screen Shot 2021-05-10 at 9.15.03 AM.png
Screen Shot 2021-05-10 at 9.15.03 AM.png (140.39 KiB) Viewed 646 times

What I Have Done / Can Do

In this dialog, I can access some but not all folders and no / virtually no files. In the bottom middle, I've set file type to "All Files (*)", and to the left of that I've resorted to turning on the options to show hidden and dot files (even though what I want is not hidden or prefixed with a dot).

The file is on the machine's local hard drive and its parent folder is added to Media Storage.

I'm able to add a PNG, but there are various reasons that this is not a practical substitution for my purposes.

I've looked in the official documentation and everywhere else I can think of.

I've looked inside the SVG file (I do understand its contents) and there's nothing weird like one would get from an Adobe Illustrator export. However, I can't imagine this is relevant right now because I can't even get to the file to import it.

Bottom Line
Apologies if this is simplistic for veterans. How can I get to the SVG file to import it?

skipbaker

Solved: Cannot Import File to Fusion (in Resolve)

PostMon May 10, 2021 5:20 pm

I followed the advice of one or another YouTuber when setting up and was managing projects in a non-local, non-default database. Idk for certain if that was the problem or not, but, finally, as a last ditch effort, I uninstalled and reinstalled and stuck with the defaults and both this and another problem were solved.

Return to Fusion