Jump to: Board index » General » Fusion

Cloning issue in Fusion

Learn about 3D compositing, animation, broadcast design and VFX workflows.
  • Author

SCLDUB123

Cloning issue in Fusion

PostFri Jun 04, 2021 2:25 pm

Hi, I'm trying to remove the circular light reflected in this persons eyes, but the paint cloning tool does not seem to work on the circular light within her eyes that you can see, if i try to clone other objects out, that works but not for the light in question any ideas?
Attachments
Unah.jpg
Unah.jpg (40.08 KiB) Viewed 745 times

Sander de Regt

Re: Cloning issue in Fusion

PostFri Jun 04, 2021 3:52 pm

In what way doesn't it work? Does the tool itself fail or does it not deliver the results you're after?
'It does not work' is very difficult to troubleshoot.
Sander de Regt

ShadowMaker SdR
The Netherlands

SCLDUB123

PostFri Jun 04, 2021 4:09 pm

Sander de Regt wrote:In what way doesn't it work? Does the tool itself fail or does it not deliver the results you're after?
'It does not work' is very difficult to troubleshoot.

The tool fails to copy colour information from say the black or brown of her Iris to the white reflected light so as to remove it and replace with brown or black colour. I have treid on other areas of the image and it does do this.

Sander de Regt

PostFri Jun 04, 2021 6:38 pm

That almost sounds like transfer mode issue. Technically there should not be a difference between dark or bright colors when cloning. Any chance you can share the comp here?

If it's NDA material for a client, feel free to contact me through DM, so I can take a look at it in private.
Sander de Regt

ShadowMaker SdR
The Netherlands

SCLDUB123

PostFri Jun 04, 2021 8:14 pm

Hi thanks for your rerplies, it seems to have finally started working again, but i'm not sure i've changed anything to make this happen. I have a question though, what would be the quickest way to clone out that reflection in her eyes, if there is one, is it just frame by frame, the correction is so fiddly and on such a small area , can I cut out the small cloning i've done and track it to the moving footage, i've seen that done before but not sure it will work here as the reflection is always slightly moving around.

Sander de Regt

PostFri Jun 04, 2021 9:22 pm

Depending on what kind of movements there are, you could track the eye and cut out one painted eye and attach that to the tracker effectively covering up the eye the whole time.

On stuff like this frame by framing it manually is usually a bad idea, unless it becomes so dark that it itsn't noticeable, but if you want to recreate the irises etc I'd go for a more 'automated' (there is no such thing really) approach.
Sander de Regt

ShadowMaker SdR
The Netherlands

birdseye

PostFri Jun 04, 2021 11:34 pm

Here is a tutorial that should get you what you want.

If you wish to use a tracker, simply select the appropriate stroke as he does and connect it's xy co ordinates to the relevant track.

Return to Fusion