Jump to: Board index » General » Fusion

copy image in viewer to clipboard?

Learn about 3D compositing, animation, broadcast design and VFX workflows.
  • Author

johnjay

copy image in viewer to clipboard?

PostWed Jun 16, 2021 3:41 pm

is this possible?

i'm using a very old version of Fusion (V8)

UserNoah

Re: copy image in viewer to clipboard?

PostFri Jun 18, 2021 6:25 pm

If I understand you correctly then no I don't believe it is possible. You can however right click in the viewer and choose "Save Image" this will let you save out a single frame to a location of your choosing in whatever format that Fusion supports. Saving EXRs or Fusion raw file will also include data channels.
But it does not include/bake in viewer LUTs. So if you've linearized your footage you need to place down whatever conversion you need and view that before saving the image.

Sander de Regt

PostFri Jun 18, 2021 7:07 pm

Also, if you're using v8 you can also use the most recent versions, since the dongle that works with 8 works with all recent versions as well.
Sander de Regt

ShadowMaker SdR
The Netherlands

johnjay

PostSun Jun 27, 2021 9:26 am

UserNoah wrote:If I understand you correctly then no I don't believe it is possible. You can however right click in the viewer and choose "Save Image" this will let you save out a single frame to a location of your choosing in whatever format that Fusion supports. Saving EXRs or Fusion raw file will also include data channels.
But it does not include/bake in viewer LUTs. So if you've linearized your footage you need to place down whatever conversion you need and view that before saving the image.

thanks - this is what i've been doing and was wondering if the above was possible as it's quicker to quickly grab an image and paste in a different software rather than having to save/open/merge

johnjay

PostSun Jun 27, 2021 9:32 am

Sander de Regt wrote:Also, if you're using v8 you can also use the most recent versions, since the dongle that works with 8 works with all recent versions as well.

V8 was a free download (before the free Fusion moved to Resolve) that works without a dongle so probably not upgradable

currently trying out an image compositing workflow so may well upgrade to Fusion Studio if i can get it to work

Return to Fusion