Jump to: Board index » General » Fusion

Fusion Composition Like Adjustment Layer.

Learn about 3D compositing, animation, broadcast design and VFX workflows.
  • Author

Xant42

Fusion Composition Like Adjustment Layer.

PostSun Jun 20, 2021 1:48 pm

Hello, Been trying to figure out a way to do somthing in fusion but getting unexpected results.

Trying to get one Fusion layer to do multiple things (or adjustment layer with fusion effect on it)... Will describe and see if anyone knows how this could be set up.

Basically I think this should be simple I want to have a fusion effect with the keyframe stretcher so it can be retimed as needed with the same length ease in and out. And I want basically 3 things to happen. The person who is center camera in the full clip slides slightly to the side from center to the right hand 3rd, a vertical side bar top to bottom slides out on the left hand side and a overlay image Fades in overtop. Often seen in late night programs and the such for graphics to pop in alongside what host is saying.

I would like to have a premade effect that if I drag it above my main cut on the timeline like an adjustment layer all this happens and some way to easily switch images... the issue is I set everything up and it all looked as expected but when scaling the clip even though the side graphics and stuff all work fine and scale fine the main clip of the host sliding to the side messes up. The timing gets skippy or if I say make the clip longer I would expect them to just slide over the overlays to pop up on screen for longer then return to the normal transition at the end of the clip. Not seeming to be the case... unless I am doing somthing wrong which I may be.

Is there a better way to handle this? I want as few steps as possible when editing final cuts and would rather front load my time by setting this up to work quickly and making adjustable parameters in a fusion effect. I just want the keyframe stretcher to effect the keyframes of the transform, slideleft pause slideright without retiming or breaking the flow of any underlying footage. I feel like I almost got it to work but I am now stuck. Should I be using expressions or somthing instead? :?:

I want to be able to reuse this effect if I can get it working and a few similar ones across multiple files I'll need to edit per week so I want to be able to drop a thing in the power bin and easily drag it into another project if needed.

Return to Fusion