Jump to: Board index » General » Fusion

Exposing controls in Macros totally messed up now 17.2.2

Learn about 3D compositing, animation, broadcast design and VFX workflows.
  • Author

FuzzeeDee

Exposing controls in Macros totally messed up now 17.2.2

PostMon Jul 12, 2021 9:44 pm

I am so frustrated with Blackmagic Design right now. They completely changed where stuff shows up when exposing controls in a Macro, nothing is where it used to be, it lays them out totally different now and half the the labels I am entering are not showing up any more. I used to use the comments field in the last control in the macro to show my company name, website, etc. Now it strips that all out and just shows a blank comment box. I know they are trying to make things better, but this just broke the way I used to do things, knowledge hard won after 100's of hours of experimenting, now I'm neck deep in a paid project and I have to learn all over again how to set this stuff up so it looks polished and professional. Plus the documentation for this sucks. Now all the controls are getting dumped under Color and checking the blank line box under the common section outputs a whole comment box instead of just a blank line to separate the next control and it is still all squashed together. Please make a control we can uncheck to go back to the old way of doing it or something. At least for awhile. I spent a couple of hours today exposing controls and labelling stuff only to have come out a jumbled mess and this macro only had a few controls, the next one I'm supposed to be building this same client has 10 times the controls, this is going to really make my reputation suffer. I am really not happy right now. PLEASE FIX THIS!

UPDATE: I found work arounds for the issues and got things looking acceptable.
Last edited by FuzzeeDee on Fri Jul 16, 2021 4:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
-
➤ DVR 18.6.5 Studio
CPU: Ryzen 9 3900XT
MB: Gigabyte B550 Vision D-P
➤ WiFi 6, BT 5, 2.5Gb Ethernet
RAM: 64 GB Corsair 3600Mhz
GPU: Sapphire Nitro+ 6700 XT 12 GB
PSU: 850W 80+ Gold

Hendrik Proosa

Re: Exposing controls in Macros totally messed up now 17.2.2

PostMon Jul 12, 2021 9:50 pm

FuzzeeDee wrote:this is going to really make my reputation suffer...

Maybe explain to your client that volatile platform that makes random changes just because it can won't make for solid development. Take a known good version of Resolve and stick with it for as long as possible.
I do stuff.

Chad Capeland

PostTue Jul 13, 2021 2:56 am

Hendrik Proosa wrote:Take a known good version of Resolve

If such a thing existed.
Chad Capeland
Indicated, LLC
www.floweffects.com

FuzzeeDee

PostThu Jul 22, 2021 7:38 pm

Update: So I was able to figure out the quirks causing me issues, so I'll share them here in case someone else runs into these issues.

1) Exposing controls that are contained in a set of grouped nodes totally messes up how the controls are displayed and they don't control what they are supposed to. UN-grouping the nodes solved that issue.

2) In the common section of text+ nodes enabling the first blank line gets ignored, but enabling the second blank line option adds the separator line as expected.

3) Adding a custom label for "Styled Text" gets ignored and no label for the text entry box is displayed, the best I could do was add a custom label for the font selection drop box.

I really wish they would fix this stuff up and make it easier to layout professional control interfaces for Macros and custom Library Effects.
-
➤ DVR 18.6.5 Studio
CPU: Ryzen 9 3900XT
MB: Gigabyte B550 Vision D-P
➤ WiFi 6, BT 5, 2.5Gb Ethernet
RAM: 64 GB Corsair 3600Mhz
GPU: Sapphire Nitro+ 6700 XT 12 GB
PSU: 850W 80+ Gold

Return to Fusion