Jump to: Board index » General » Fusion

OMFG - Loader node?? That's why my media is offline?

Learn about 3D compositing, animation, broadcast design and VFX workflows.
  • Author

Scotty Why

OMFG - Loader node?? That's why my media is offline?

PostMon Aug 02, 2021 2:16 pm

So after fighting with this BS for months, I finally find out about the "loader" node... which I guess loads media into your fusion composition. So that is why my media keeps going offline?

One question... Why even have a "media in" node? Why have two nodes that do almost the same thing, except one of them (media in) loses track of your goddamn media ever frigging time? Why does it even exist? Why not just make the "loader" be the default? You ALWAYS need to bring media in, you always need to keep track of your media... why have a f$%king node that can't keep track of your media? WHY?

Why make me waste hours and hours of my life? Why make me rebuild timelines over and over again? Why force me to spend days and days and days searching forums and tutorials? I am so f$%king pissed right now.
DR Studio 18 Win10 22H2
11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-11900K @ 3.50GHz, 32GB RAM
GTX 1660 Super 6GB, Studio driver 31.0.15.3161
OS,Program: 1TB SSD - Media: 1TB SSD - Cache: 1TB SSD

Hendrik Proosa

Re: OMFG - Loader node?? That's why my media is offline?

PostMon Aug 02, 2021 2:32 pm

MediaIn is the connection between media in edit timeline and fusion comp, loader loads a set source file without Resolve side knowing anything about it. Why MediaIn goes offline when file is perfectly available, dunno, maybe BMD support knows.
I do stuff.

Scotty Why

PostMon Aug 02, 2021 3:17 pm

What is ridiculous is that Fusion **defaults** to the mediaIn node. When you drag a piece of media from a bin into Fusion, it creates a mediaIn node. It should create a loader node. I could see if you are creating a fusion clip from the timeline, it defaulting to mediaIn (and even then I think it is stupid).

They are just setting people up to fail. I honestly just don't see why you would have a node that **can't keep track of media** . What is the point? Just have the loader node. And if you are going to insist on having a node that loses your media all the time - don't make it the DEFAULT.

I am months behind on my projects now because of this idiocy.
Last edited by Scotty Why on Mon Aug 02, 2021 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DR Studio 18 Win10 22H2

Scotty Why

PostMon Aug 02, 2021 3:27 pm

And also... this should be the FIRST thing mentioned during Fusion tutorials. I have watched about 100 tutorials, including some from BMD, and not a single one mentioned that the loader node even exists, let alone the difference between that and the MediaIn node. Or the vital - VITAL - piece of information that the MediaIn node has no idea what actual piece of media it is linked to.

God I can't even talk about this anymore, I'm gong to go punch some holes in my wall. And then go switch a few hundred MediaIn nodes over to loader nodes.
DR Studio 18 Win10 22H2

Bryan Ray

PostMon Aug 02, 2021 3:51 pm

Want to be even more upset? The Loader node in Resolve can only read a sub-set of the file types that the Loader in standalone Fusion can read. It can only read image sequences for some reason.
Bryan Ray
http://www.bryanray.name
http://www.sidefx.com

birdseye

PostMon Aug 02, 2021 5:13 pm

I guess it lessens the prospect of what could become a temperal nightmare, if video of various frame rates go into Fusion and then on into a Resolve project of a certain other frame rate. It sounds like a lot of fun.

Jeff Ha

PostTue Aug 03, 2021 11:44 am

ultimately I think they're dumbing it down to keep stability in the Resolve timeline.

Return to Fusion