Jump to: Board index » General » Fusion

Select Tool (Shift+Space) not showing (11.5.2 Big Sur)

Learn about 3D compositing, animation, broadcast design and VFX workflows.
  • Author

MicAdv

Select Tool (Shift+Space) not showing (11.5.2 Big Sur)

PostTue Sep 14, 2021 3:34 pm

Hello,

I am new to learning Davinci Resolve and Fusion (new install), and having problems while in the Fusion page.

When I do the shortcut to bring up the select tool, it doesn't come up, and after that, if I click anywhere, I just get the beep from the OS and can't click on anything, if I hit Enter, then I can click around again just fine.

I did some trouble shooting, and if I unplug my second monitor, and do it, it then comes up fine.

But then if I plug the second monitor back in (even when the select tool window is up) then the window disappears again, showing the main resolve window, and unable to click anywhere.

Some help would be greatly appreciated.

I tried to search for topics on this, and found one related to windows install, but didn't see anything directly related to Mac. (Doesn't help this is my first Mac).

With thanks,

Mic

Bryan Ray

Re: Select Tool (Shift+Space) not showing (11.5.2 Big Sur)

PostTue Sep 14, 2021 11:14 pm

The AddTool dialog is evidently popping up somewhere in another screen space. I know exactly how to solve the problem on Windows, but I'm not familiar with MacOS. Nevertheless, you could try some of the solutions offered here:

https://www.technipages.com/macos-bring ... nto-screen

No idea if any of them will work for a child pane like that.
Bryan Ray
http://www.bryanray.name
http://www.sidefx.com

MicAdv

Re: Select Tool (Shift+Space) not showing (11.5.2 Big Sur)

PostTue Sep 21, 2021 3:48 pm

Bryan Ray wrote:The AddTool dialog is evidently popping up somewhere in another screen space. I know exactly how to solve the problem on Windows, but I'm not familiar with MacOS. Nevertheless, you could try some of the solutions offered here:

(URL Removed because I apparently can't post them even in a reply?)

No idea if any of them will work for a child pane like that.

Thanks, it got me down the right track.

I played around with the monitor setup options, and apparently it wanted to keep popping it up if I set my secondary monitor below the primary in the settings.

Even after multiple attempts to move it to the primary, close, reopen, save, exit resolve, when I would go back in it would end up on the bottom again.

I then started to play with where it was located within "lower" monitor, and realized it saved it in it, so I had it kinda halfway off one screen in the upper right, and was able to eventually go back to it side by side view, and move it into view.

Very annoying, not sure if it's a Resolve bug, or if it's a Mac thing. Again, first time MacOS user here after decades in windows (and linux), so I'm dealing with multiple learning curves here.

Thanks for the article, it got me looking down the right track!

Return to Fusion