Jump to: Board index » General » Fusion

error 2753 when fusion install tries to register

Learn about 3D compositing, animation, broadcast design and VFX workflows.
  • Author

Lars Brok

error 2753 when fusion install tries to register

PostWed Oct 06, 2021 9:30 am

Hello fellow fusioneers.

Been attempting to upgrade to Fusion 17.3.1 and install runs fine - but when it tries to register it stops with error 2753. Not sure if it's a Black Magic or Windows Installer error code, but there seems to be a win installer one having something to do with "package not marked for installation" so I tried to let Windows fix the file, but that didn't work either.

License works fine, running v17.1, and I have tried to unplug the dongle and put it back in, but no luck.

All updates from 17.1.1 to 17.3.1 gives the same error.

Having recently installed F-Secure's Freedome VPN, I thought that might be causing the trouble, but no progress after turning it off and rebooting.

Wondering if this could be caused by my windows not having the latest update?
(had my raid dissappear a while back due to win update installing wrong drivers, so been holding back on updates a bit...)

Any help highly appreciated. Thanks!

UserNoah

Re: error 2753 when fusion install tries to register

PostFri Oct 08, 2021 9:04 pm

I believe I had the same error code recently when I tried to install Fusion on a companies computer. I had to switch to the actual admin account, right clicking and installing with admin rights didn't work for some reason.
It might be unlikely but maybe it's a similar issue for you?

Lars Brok

PostMon Oct 11, 2021 9:31 pm

Thanks for the suggestion but have tried that.
In the (long) process of updating and generally cleaning the system and will say if it helps.

Lars Brok

PostSun Oct 17, 2021 11:18 am

Ok, got it solved with help from Isaac Dean from BLM support, who convinced me of a complete uninstall.
So made a system restore point with the functioning v17.1.1 and then uninstalled and ran intensive cleanup on the whole system with chkdsk, sfc, dism combined with thorough file and registry cleanup with Ace Utilities (very recommendable, been using it for decades).

And now v17.3.2 is finally installed and running, so thanks a lot to Isaac for guiding me though this weeks-long ordeal!

CHEERS

Return to Fusion