Jump to: Board index » General » Fusion

Fusion UI: (Nearly) every right-click menu

Learn about 3D compositing, animation, broadcast design and VFX workflows.
  • Author

TheBloke

Fusion UI: (Nearly) every right-click menu

PostFri Oct 15, 2021 3:48 pm

Recently I've mentioned in a couple of threads how it's recommended for new Fusion users to "right-click everywhere!" as there's a lot of key functionality and options that can only be accessed via context menus.

It came up again today, in a feature request thread regarding Fusion 'hiding' features away.

I thought therefore it might be useful to document exactly what right-click menus exist in Fusion. So here we go:

Image (click for full size)

I used Fusion Studio for the screenshot, but have noted whether menus appear in both Fusion Studio and Resolve, or only one or the other.

The above image does not include every single menu. There's also a few extra entries in the Keyframes pane:

There's also a slightly different right-click menu on a text field, for example the Styled Text of a Text+, showing text-specific modifiers. My list shown below includes extra, non-default modifiers from the community, such as Suck Less Write On. These are available via the Reactor plugin manager:

Not shown are any Resolve-specific panels, such as Media Pool and Clips.

Hopefully this gives any new user an idea of just how much functionality one might be missing if one doesn't, well, right-click everywhere!

There's even one special debug menu that requires Shift + Right-click (on the RAM usage indicator, in the bottom-right of the UI):

Resolve Studio 17.4.3 and Fusion Studio 17.4.3 on macOS 11.6.1

Hackintosh:: X299, Intel i9-10980XE, 128GB DDR4, AMD 6900XT 16GB
Monitors: 1 x 3840x2160 & 3 x 1920x1200
Disk: 2TB NVMe + 4TB RAID0 NVMe; NAS: 36TB RAID6
BMD Speed Editor

Return to Fusion