Jump to: Board index » General » Fusion

Fusion Render Node - cryptomatte setup

Learn about 3D compositing, animation, broadcast design and VFX workflows.
  • Author

Jan Rogowski

Fusion Render Node - cryptomatte setup

PostFri Oct 15, 2021 4:02 pm

Hi all,

I hesitate with this one because I've trawled through endless forum threads today about the pitfalls of cryptomatte setup. I am convinced the answers are there for me but I'm damned if I can figure it out. Perhaps a kind soul could point out the error in the following.

GOAL: Install cryptomatte for Fusion Render Node 9 on centos 7 (minimal) under Deadline 10.

1. download cryptomatte - https://github.com/Psyop/Cryptomatte/releases

2. cp ../Fuses/Matte/cryptomatte.fuse /opt/BlackmagicDesign/FusionRenderNode9/Fuses/cryptomatte.fuse

3. cp ../Modules/Lua/cryptomatte_utilities.lua /opt/BlackmagicDesign/FusionRenderNode9/Modules/Lua/cryptomatte_utilities.lua

4. modify /opt/BlackmagicDesign/FusionRenderNode9/UserData:Profiles/Default/RenderNode.prefs

["Fuses:"] = "UserPaths:Fuses;Fusion:Fuses",
["LuaModules:"] = "Fusion:Modules/Lua",

It doesn't work. I submit a comp that has a cryptomatte node active and the job hangs. No errors, just sits there. No reference to cryptomatte in the render log.

Messed around with setting LUA_PATH variable but no joy. Saw a lot of suggestions about where to locate the cryptomatte_utilities.lua file so that Fusion Render Node would find it. Now have about 18 instances of the file dotted around one of my systems. Still no joy.

Any help greatly appreciated!

Jan Rogowski

Re: Fusion Render Node - cryptomatte setup

PostTue Oct 26, 2021 6:30 pm

For prosperity, and anyone struggling as I was...

It would appear the above deployment for cryptomatte on fusion render node is correct and works. But not on Fusion 9. Not for me at least.

Installed Render Node 17.4, copied lua and fuse to locations described earlier, modified the prefs and we're up and running.

Return to Fusion