Jump to: Board index » General » Fusion

Planar transform clipping based on reference frame

Learn about 3D compositing, animation, broadcast design and VFX workflows.
  • Author

TCP786

Planar transform clipping based on reference frame

PostSun Oct 17, 2021 2:47 am

I'm routing an image through a planar transform node to apply tracking data to it, but the image is being cut off in strange way. I've determined that it's being clipped by the edge the frame according to the planar transform's reference frame, but that edge is the same for all of the frames. That description might not be clear, so here are some images:
planar clip01.png
Reference frame
planar clip01.png (533.57 KiB) Viewed 380 times

planar clip02.png
Not reference frame
planar clip02.png (524.95 KiB) Viewed 380 times

In similar cases, I've solved things like this by merging the image over a larger background node; or when using ImagePlane3D and Render3D, increasing the domain overscan on Render3D. Neither of these work in this case (which I guess makes sense, since the image being sent to the planar transform isn't clipped at that point already). Changing the planar transform's clipping mode didn't help either, not that I thought it would.

I really hope the solution isn't "track again using the most visible frame as the reference frame," because while that might work here, it's often not the case that the most visible frame is usable as a tracking reference frame. Any suggestions?

Return to Fusion