Jump to: Board index » General » Fusion

Fusion Text Template Problem

Learn about 3D compositing, animation, broadcast design and VFX workflows.
  • Author

Tony46

Fusion Text Template Problem

PostMon Oct 18, 2021 7:36 pm

Hello all. I have just purchased a new computer and reloaded Davinci Resolve 17.3.2 and need to redesign my old fusion text templates. This I can do, but can't save them as I did before. Previously I created a macro, ticked all I wanted to be able to change later if needed, then save this not into the macro folder, but into the fusion-templates-text subfolder. The text would be available in the fusion text list in the edit page.
However, now when I create the macro and try to save it into the fusion-templates subfolder, there is no 'text' subfolder option anymore. Where has it gone? How can I now create a fusion text template and have it show in the fusion titles in the edit page? I'm using windows 10 by the way.

I hope someone can help

Tony

TheBloke

Re: Fusion Text Template Problem

PostMon Oct 18, 2021 7:49 pm

The method for storing and installing effects/titles/transitions changed in Resolve 17.2. It now uses a DRFX bundle, which is just a renamed ZIP file. This means that effects can be installed just by double-clicking a DRFX file, rather than users having to know long paths to copy files to.

The downside is that looking at and editing effects on disk is now done through a zipped container, rather than loose files. Though I believe if you create the file structure, loose files are supported as well (not 100% sure on that)

Anyway here's a tutorial covering all the 17.x changes. It should hopefully answer all your questions:

Resolve Studio 17.4.3 and Fusion Studio 17.4.3 on macOS 11.6.1

Hackintosh:: X299, Intel i9-10980XE, 128GB DDR4, AMD 6900XT 16GB
Monitors: 1 x 3840x2160 & 3 x 1920x1200
Disk: 2TB NVMe + 4TB RAID0 NVMe; NAS: 36TB RAID6
BMD Speed Editor

Tony46

Re: Fusion Text Template Problem

PostMon Oct 18, 2021 9:04 pm

Many thanks for that. Just watched the video. Seems complicated but I'll give it a go and let you know how I get on :D

Return to Fusion