Jump to: Board index » General » Fusion

Resolve fusion manual

Learn about 3D compositing, animation, broadcast design and VFX workflows.
  • Author

MarvinBarre

Resolve fusion manual

PostTue Oct 19, 2021 2:11 pm

Hi, I 've been trying to learn Resolve fusion for a while.
I know that blackmagic has a fusion manual which is 379pages long.
Are there any other manuals on fusion ?

I always wonder how did people on this forum and people with youtube tutorials figured out fusion.

Thank you .

TheBloke

Re: Resolve fusion manual

PostTue Oct 19, 2021 3:00 pm

The Fusion Studio reference manual is 1511 pages. Those same pages are included in the Resolve reference manual (which is about 3500 pages in total), in Part 8 and Part 9.

You already have the Resolve reference manual on disk - it can be accessed via the Help menu.

The 379 page book you're talking about is, I think, the Fusion training book. That's training, not a manual, which is slightly different. But yes that's a useful resource.

If you've not yet looked at the full reference manual, you're missing a ton of info. I'd start going through that ASAP. You don't need to read every page (though that's certainly a good idea if you have the time), but you can look up specific topics you're working on, and browse through to look for features and techniques of interest.

Beyond that there'sa ton of very valuable information on the We Suck Less forum. That's also the home of the Reactor plugin manager, home to hundreds of high quality community-made macros, tools and scripts for expanding the power of Fusion. Many of the limitations and deficiencies of Fusion have been worked around or improved upon by tools made by the community and available via Reactor.

Finally there's also plenty of good YouTube tutorials out there, by channels like VFXStudy, Pirates of Confusion, Millolabs Tuts, Simon Stansfield, and many more. I listed a bunch of intermediate+ tutorials in this post.
Resolve Studio 17.4.3 and Fusion Studio 17.4.3 on macOS 11.6.1

Hackintosh:: X299, Intel i9-10980XE, 128GB DDR4, AMD 6900XT 16GB
Monitors: 1 x 3840x2160 & 3 x 1920x1200
Disk: 2TB NVMe + 4TB RAID0 NVMe; NAS: 36TB RAID6
BMD Speed Editor

MarvinBarre

Re: Resolve fusion manual

PostTue Oct 19, 2021 4:21 pm

Thanks, I just looked at it briefly ,that is exactly what i've been looking for. It looks amazing.

Return to Fusion