Jump to: Board index » General » Fusion

Wacom bug in Fusion 17.4 (maybe also in Resolve)

Learn about 3D compositing, animation, broadcast design and VFX workflows.
  • Author

Thomas Maier

Wacom bug in Fusion 17.4 (maybe also in Resolve)

PostFri Oct 22, 2021 3:56 pm

Hi!

Normally I use a WACOM pen to zoom (middle button and tip (left button)) and pan (just middle).
In the normal viewers zoom doesn't work anymore (pan is working), in the nodes viewer it does...

But with the mouse it does in both!!!!????
Still using my good old Intuos 3!

Reinstalled 17.3.2 and it's working.
Must be a bug in 17.4!
I guess it will be the same in Resolve...

Frank Feijen

Re: WACOM BUG in FUSION 17.4 (maybe also in Resolve)

PostFri Oct 22, 2021 6:33 pm

Nope, doesnt't work anymore

I keep editing this post: it worked, it didn't, now it works...

mechanicus

Re: WACOM BUG in FUSION 17.4 (maybe also in Resolve)

PostSat Oct 23, 2021 9:29 am

Thomas Maier wrote:Hi!

Normally I use a WACOM pen to zoom (middle button and tip (left button)) and pan (just middle).
In the normal viewers zoom doesn't work anymore (pan is working), in the nodes viewer it does...

But with the mouse it does in both!!!!????
Still using my good old Intuos 3!

Reinstalled 17.3.2 and it's working.
Must be a bug in 17.4!
I guess it will be the same in Resolve...
+1

Yep having the same experience.
Very annoying.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn CPH2067 met Tapatalk
--
M1max
64GB/8T

Corey Ryan Hanson

Re: Wacom bug in Fusion 17.4 (maybe also in Resolve)

PostSun Oct 24, 2021 3:15 am

I'm experiencing this same bug on Linux both in Fusion standalone and within Resolve since the 17.4 update. The middle mouse works perfectly in the node window, but in the viewing canvas it is very broken. Panning doesn't work at all. but it did come back if you right click within the window and zooming goes in weird steps inwards. The broken viewer navigation makes it extremely hard to use efficiently.

Igor Riđanović

PostTue Oct 26, 2021 5:19 pm

I experience issues even outside of Fusion page. More details: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=149574
www.metafide.com - DaVinci Resolve™ Apps

TheBloke

PostWed Oct 27, 2021 8:15 am

I never tried using my Huion tablet in Fusion before 17.4. I tested it now (macOS 11.5.2) and it's mostly working, in that I can do pans and zooms in the Fusion viewer with my tablet.

I have a hard button (on the side of the tablet) assigned to MMB. With that config, in the 3D viewer:
- Holding MMB while moving the pen around will pan;
- Putting the tip of the pen on the tablet before pressing MMB, then moving pen left/right will zoom.

I tested it in 16.2.4 also, and the one difference I can see is that in 16.2.4 (and I guess therefore also 17.3.2), I can easily switch from zoom to pan without releasing MMB. Eg if I start a zoom then take the pen off the tablet, it switches to pan.

Whereas in 17.4, once I start the zoom operation I'm locked into zoom and can't switch to pan without releasing MMB. I also have to tap the pen once - if I press MMB again without tapping, it'll do another zoom, even if the pen is not touching the tablet.

Seems like it was better the old way, but I would say it's usable for me in 17.4 on macOS, with a Huion tablet.
Resolve Studio 17.4.3 and Fusion Studio 17.4.3 on macOS 11.6.1

Hackintosh:: X299, Intel i9-10980XE, 128GB DDR4, AMD 6900XT 16GB
Monitors: 1 x 3840x2160 & 3 x 1920x1200
Disk: 2TB NVMe + 4TB RAID0 NVMe; NAS: 36TB RAID6
BMD Speed Editor

Goupil

PostWed Oct 27, 2021 2:45 pm

On Linux here as well.
Zooming with a tablet (wacom) is broken within the viewers.

Frank Feijen wrote:+1

Yep having the same experience.
Very annoying.
+1

Goupil

PostFri Oct 29, 2021 1:41 pm

17.4.1 fixes this.

Thanks BMD!

Corey Ryan Hanson

PostFri Oct 29, 2021 4:25 pm

The zooming appears to be fixed with 17.4.1. Now that navigation is possible, I noticed one other Wacom bug. It has to do with adjusting parameters within fusion. If you click and drag on the numerical boxes to change parameters like position, it seems the click event is not releasing after lifting the pen. It makes adjusting parameters that don't have sliders extremely difficult since parameters keep changing as you move your lifted stylus somewhere else on screen.

Goupil

PostSun Oct 31, 2021 8:20 pm

Corey Ryan Hanson wrote:The zooming appears to be fixed with 17.4.1. Now that navigation is possible, I noticed one other Wacom bug. It has to do with adjusting parameters within fusion. If you click and drag on the numerical boxes to change parameters like position, it seems the click event is not releasing after lifting the pen. It makes adjusting parameters that don't have sliders extremely difficult since parameters keep changing as you move your lifted stylus somewhere else on screen.

Indeed, I am having the same issue. I am also on Linux.
- The cursor disappears when hovering a parameter.
- When clicked, the parameter contour turns orange and can't be released using the tablet.
- While activated (orange), the parameters changes values when hovering the cursors above it.

Yoav_D

PostTue Nov 16, 2021 11:12 am

Having a similar issue, the most annoying thing is to reset parameters , usually worked by double clicking on the side of the numerical box, now stopped (work on a mouse though)

Super annoying and a waste of time

Philippe Metro

PostWed Nov 17, 2021 1:02 pm

Corey Ryan Hanson wrote:The zooming appears to be fixed with 17.4.1. Now that navigation is possible, I noticed one other Wacom bug. It has to do with adjusting parameters within fusion. If you click and drag on the numerical boxes to change parameters like position, it seems the click event is not releasing after lifting the pen. It makes adjusting parameters that don't have sliders extremely difficult since parameters keep changing as you move your lifted stylus somewhere else on screen.

Same thing on OSX :-(

TCP786

PostThu Nov 18, 2021 9:57 am

I haven't used my Wacom with Resolve in a while, because the drivers are such hot garbage that I'd rather use a mouse for anything I bought the tablet for. I'll never truly forgive my "friends" that recommended Wacom to me over other brands when I was asking for tablet recommendations.

Ok, sorry. Now that that's out of the way, do you have program specific pen/tablet settings configured for Resolve specifically within the Wacom driver? If so, open the Wacom settings while you switch to and from Resolve and something else, and make sure you see the the Wacom driver change between the different settings for those programs. Sometimes the Wacom driver doesn't correctly recognize when you're actually using a program that you've made a specific configuration for (which in my case is the current version of Photoshop - trust me, I couldn't make this up). It is also quite possible that the Wacom driver considers the new dot version of Resolve/Fusion to be a different program than the last version you were using, in which case it would be using your default "all programs" configuration if you haven't created a new settings preset for 17.4.

TheBloke

PostThu Nov 18, 2021 10:05 am

TCP786 wrote:I haven't used my Wacom with Resolve in a while, because the drivers are such hot garbage that I'd rather use a mouse for anything I bought the tablet for. I'll never truly forgive my "friends" that recommended Wacom to me over other brands when I was asking for tablet recommendations.
If you're ever in the market for another one, I'm quite pleased with my Huion WH1409 V2. Min is pretty large (I wanted that so it'd have a lot of hard buttons), but they have lots of models at various sizes.

The drivers are pretty good, and I particularly like the ability to assign a radial menu to any of the buttons, multiplying the number of keyboard shortcuts/mouse buttons/system functions that can be assigned to buttons on the tablet or pen.

I don't use it much to be honest, because I'm the exact opposite of an artist, but It seems to work well in Fusion. I haven't really tried it elsewhere in Resolve.

I wrote about it in more detail over on WSL: https://www.steakunderwater.com/wesuckl ... 421#p39421
Resolve Studio 17.4.3 and Fusion Studio 17.4.3 on macOS 11.6.1

Hackintosh:: X299, Intel i9-10980XE, 128GB DDR4, AMD 6900XT 16GB
Monitors: 1 x 3840x2160 & 3 x 1920x1200
Disk: 2TB NVMe + 4TB RAID0 NVMe; NAS: 36TB RAID6
BMD Speed Editor

Philippe Metro

PostFri Nov 19, 2021 1:22 pm

17.4.2 fixed it :-)
EDIT: Unfortunately, double-clic doesn't reset parameter in Resolve's color page...

Return to Fusion